So im pretty amp-retarded, i have a crate Gx-30m and most of the product reviews on this amp say its 30 watts, but on the back of the amp on the sticker (with the serial number n such) it says it is a 115 watt.

so im simply confused as to how many watts it is, 30 or 115?
Well it's 30 watt.

The 115 watt sticker means that it's operating in 115v.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
agreed w/gabel. 115watt on the back is the power required (DC - direct current) of the amp. it has nothing to do with how many watts the amp produces to make sound.

my friend from high school (whew, long time ago) tried to convince me his amp was 500w. i laughed hard.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
ah well that helps out alot thanks... even tho im slightly pissed at the guy who sold me the amp claiming it was 115 watts...

im gonna start saving for a bigger amp now..
it's 30 watts.

as gabe says, if it just says 115, that could be the voltage; alternatively, if it says 115 watts, that could be the power consumption (not the output).

either way you were gipped, my commiserations.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?