Ok im not really a "newb", i know a crap load of chords, scales, some songs, and riffs. my fingers arent superfast, but i mean they are like mediocre. its just i dont really know where to go from here. i would get a teacher, but i dont have the extra money to shell out. i dont know sitting with a book gets a little repetitive, i really wanna have fun with my guitar, instead of putting it away like once before
just download tabs to ur fav songs and sit and learn them! thats all i did to teach myself..practise makes perfect and all that
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
In my 2 years of guitar playing I've found that UG has been the greatest teacher to me. Tabs for almost every song you wanna learn, and a forum full of people that can give you advise and answer your questions. Also check out video lessons on youtube.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
I second that YouTube notion. There are quite a few really good guitarists on YouTube that essentially give you lessons for free. Now, I wouldn't say I recommend that over real lessons, as you can have questions answered on the fly or have hands on help when you need it, but if you don't have the extra money for lessons and you want to learn theory, then it's a good way to go.
"God has a sense of humor. Just look at the Platypus."
Possibly start learning some theory? That can really expand your playing... Or some new exotic scales?
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by Hougie
I second that YouTube notion. There are quite a few really good guitarists on YouTube that essentially give you lessons for free. Now, I wouldn't say I recommend that over real lessons, as you can have questions answered on the fly or have hands on help when you need it, but if you don't have the extra money for lessons and you want to learn theory, then it's a good way to go.

that is a very good idea thanks
Do you play with friends? I think if you don't have a teacher, playing with supportive friends is a close substitute.