So for my 18th im getting an Ibanez RG1570 (or at least most of the money to go towards it.) I've tried the guitar out twice and loved the playability each time, just as everyone says the pick-ups aren't all that great, ok, but not amazing. So i will be replacing them, im just stuck on what to replace them with. At the moment im thinking EMGs or maybe dimarzio tonezone in the bridge. Im starting to play a lot more lead stuff and already have a seymour duncan in my heaverly modified tele. I want something thats high output really, good for all harmonics and something that will help bring a lot of sustain.
Any help please? lol
Cheers.
www.myspace.com/abnegative <<< Check It!
hmmm, i keep hearing positive AND negative things about EMG's in a basswood Ibanez, i think it'd prolly work, also i super distortion by dimarzio would work, and maybe a duncan Custom or JB in the bridge, i'm not totally sure
Yeah its the JB i already have in my tele and i love that. Just wondered about trying something a little different.
well i'd go for a dimarzio evolution set, like the one in Steve's JEM7V signature guitar. i think you might be able to find that HSH setup, but i dont know if they come in only white...

in that case go for like a dimarzio evolution bridge, evo neck, and a dimarzio breed in the middle position, either that or go with all breeds.
breeds would be sweet, just want something thats good for heavy but helps give long sustain.
what's your amp?

rough budget?

are you willing to look outside the "big three"? *(hint: you should be)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Hiwatt Maxwatt g100 which i use for the clean, and i use my korg ax3000 for all distortion and effects. budget i guess doesn't matter sort around 200 british pounds + for two humbuckers, the middle single doesn't really matter all that much.
most people would say you should upgrade your amp before you consider new pickups. those stock ibanes pickups aren't amazing, but they're far from the weakest link in your case.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah all i've heard from any bareknuckle pickups is amazing things, and also that they're pretty expensive... like the nailbomb would be sweet for a bridge, but check out the other ones they have a ton. i dont know much about them, sorry, but i just know basically everyone who has one loves it...

i think someone mentioned EMGs... i have EMGs in my jackson and they sound AWESOME but you'll get a lot of haters who really dont like them. if you want them for heavy music, that's what they're perfect for, and yes they're not that versatile (but only the the super tone freak person), however i havent found any problem with them, in fact i love them...

but yeah there's nothing wrong with EMG's and they dont sound "digital" i dont know where people got that from... they just have an internal preamp which adds quite a bit of gain, and boosts the highs and lows, and cuts the mids, just right for metal.

/ essay.
Well i feel there is nothing wrong with the rest of my rig people say highwatt and they go erghh but the clean channel on this amp is great and the distortion that goes through it is great too espeacially with my Eq. At least until i save enough money for a mesa boogie triple rectifier lol.
A nail bomb would be sweet i have had one through my rig before in an orphille les paul and that was really awesome. I hadn't actually though of those to be honest. But at the moment im thinking a set of zakk wylde EMGs, i think.