I have been using a metronome lately to try and improve my alternate picking speed. I am doing chromatics up and down the fretboard and I have run into a problem. I can play from the small E string up to the large one at 150 bpm. But I can only pick from the large one to the small one at 120 bpm. Any advice?

Thanks
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join
Practice more!

PS you will be harrassed. Be prepared
My Gear

ESP/Ltd EC-1000 w/EMG 81/60
ESP/Ltd H-500 w/ JB/59 Duncans
Fender MIM Strat w/ Hot rail in Bridge

Traynor Custom Valve 80watt 4x10
Or if its too hard maybe try extra light gauge strings? You wont have to press down as hard hence it will be easier to play the note
Thanks for the help. I just need to practice down more.
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join
stick to 120bpm even though you can pick up faster, then work your way up 2-5bpm at a time, until you have them both perfectly doing 150bpm (this could take anywhere between a week and a few months, it varies from person to person) then once you nail that you can continue the same technique until you're content with your speed. unfortunately you can't ever play faster than you can pick so you will reach a limit, this also varies person to person.

just don't practice down at 120 and up at 150, get it all smooth at one speed first
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD