Page 1 of 3
Who likes the games? Come here to talk about Metal Gear 1 and 2 and MGS/2/3. Also discuss the highly anticipated MGS4 coming out next year. Talk about characters, plots, and ideas about what might happen in MGS4.
I need scissors! 61!

MGS series is my favourite gaming series of all time. The storyline is so epic.
NOPE.
Played MGS1 when I was like 10 with my friend, bought 2 and beat it for my first PS2 game and me and my same friend rented MGS3 and beat it in 2 days.

<3
I have 1 and 3. I need to get 2.

TIME PARADOX! Just wanted to say that.
MGS rules. I was gonna buy MGS:Twin Snakes for GC today but didn't have enough money.

I started playing through MGS:2 a few days ago. I do like that Kojima is making games more like films (games are a valid form of media) although sometimes it does get annoying i.e when you need to pause but can't. I don't want to play MGS3 though because you have to play as Big Boss and he's a prick.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
^^Play MGS3, it effin rocks.

Anyone seen gameplay vids from MGS4? DOES THAT GAME LOOK AWESOME OR WHAT?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWubf5v-930
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
^^Play MGS3, it effin rocks.

Anyone seen gameplay vids from MGS4? DOES THAT GAME LOOK AWESOME OR WHAT?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWubf5v-930

pure amazment. i have Snake Eater for the GC(i play it on my Wii though). Its alot than I remember is being for PS. still an amazing game though. Anyone know if there is truth to the rumors of MGS:4 for 360?
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Apparantly, MGS4 is a PS3-game ONLY.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
LMAO at the second comic.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by charvel_man
I need scissors! 61!

MGS series is my favourite gaming series of all time. The storyline is so epic.

that is absolutely priceless when the Colonel is going haywire. I love answering his calls to hear some bull****.

Started playing MGS3 again for the first time in months. Turned it back on and the End was dead

What a cool way to beat a boss
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
You know, the end parts of MGS2 really freaked me out.

"TURN OFF THE GAME SNAKE!"

Kojima is a genius.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
i beat mgs2, but shortly afterward i lost it somehow

mgs3 was too hard for me. i blame the bad camera scheme, since i bought the unrevised one
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Demon Wolf
You know, the end parts of MGS2 really freaked me out.

"TURN OFF THE GAME SNAKE!"

Kojima is a genius.

I got shit scared at

I had my finger at the power button and all.....

I phail
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by spoonylove90
pure amazment. i have Snake Eater for the GC(i play it on my Wii though). Its alot than I remember is being for PS. still an amazing game though. Anyone know if there is truth to the rumors of MGS:4 for 360?

Recently confirmed as a PS3-exclusive, but they have previously said they want to maximise their profits. Its gonna cost A LOT so they want to recoup all their money and the best way to do that is go multi-platform. Depends on the PS3's sales I reckon.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
^^Yeah, or it could just end up on the Xbox 360 a while later, like MGS2:Substance did for the original Xbox a year or so after the original release.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Well as much as I hate 360. My best friend has it, and that's the only way I'd be able to play it.
Quote by Demon Wolf
^^Yeah, or it could just end up on the Xbox 360 a while later, like MGS2:Substance did for the original Xbox a year or so after the original release.

The thing is, though, MGS3 only sold about 3.5 million copies on the PS2, versus the seven or so million that MGS2 sold, and it never got ported to the Xbox. Kojima stated himself that he doesn't want to port it, so I doubt it'll happen.
The MGS series is like being in the middle of the most expensive B-movie in the history of movies. Everything is so crazy that it somehows fits perfectly.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by The_Foo_Fighter
Seriously, I wrote a University paper on Metal Gear Solid one I love it that much

...What fucking degree do you do?

Oscar Wilde
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=metal+gear

Definition No. 3, Part 2

I love it so much, I try and use it in real life. You can just hear Snake's voice in the example.

MGS kicks ass hehe and I'm still drying my pants after I saw the gameplay trailer. Absolutely fantastic. Too bad it's a PS3 exclusive, it's my only reason for getting one. That and Killzone 2. Still, fingers crossed I either win the lottery or it comes out for the 360
god i cant wait for MGS4, have you guys seen the 15-minute vid on ign??! damn i want it, I will even buy the huge paperweight known as a PS3 just for this game if it is exclusive to it
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
i love when you die in the first game, you hear that one one person over you beeper thing.
"Snake!?!, SNAAAAAKKKKEEEE!?!?!"
I have twin snakes, the version of of 2 with all the extra trainign things, I think it's called substance. I played 3 and got to the end where you have to escape the jungle with the girl and quit because I just didn't want to finish it. And snake is gonna die in 4.

[edit] I can see 4 coming out for the Wii probably, since Snake is in the new SSB game.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
^^No one knows if he dies or not. Kojima has stated he won't die, or that he will die... Either way, it's gonna be an awesome game!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
^ I think he will, In one of the videos it says he has 6 months to live, so either he dies at the end or shortly after the game, but I don't think Kojima will leave us to wonder, so chances are they'll say somethign about him dying in the end. Of course I could just be an idiot, who knows. Didn't he also say that this was it for the MGS series? Or am I thinking of some other series?
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
^ I think he will, In one of the videos it says he has 6 months to live, so either he dies at the end or shortly after the game, but I don't think Kojima will leave us to wonder, so chances are they'll say somethign about him dying in the end. Of course I could just be an idiot, who knows. Didn't he also say that this was it for the MGS series? Or am I thinking of some other series?

Last game. Supposed to wrap everything up.

Quote by The_Foo_Fighter
Ehum, Computer Games Design

Yes

Its a real degree..

Ah fair play. I was just wondering how it could be relevant.

Oscar Wilde
I just posted a MGS related reply in another thread.

MGS 1: Dark and cold
MGS 2: Epic and blockbuster
MGS 3: swarve and hot (EVA rules)
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Page 1 of 3