I'm going to tell you before you get flamed hardcore. Take down this thread. Your just gonna' get raped by kids telling you your a noob. Buy a Vox Valvetronix amp or a Roland Cube.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
What are you going to be using it for? And what style of music do you play?

EDIT: The guy above me is probably right. Everyone here likes tube amps a lot more than solid state.
If you're just going to be using it for practice, then you don't need either of those. Get something smaller.
If you're going to be using it for just about anything else, get a tube amp.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Aug 1, 2007,
^^

yeah, basically try them if you can. Odds are you'll realised why they're slagged off so much here. Also try roland cubes, vox valvetronix, solid state randalls, etc. Everything you can get your hands on, so you can decide what you like best.

\/ +1, slats. Especially if you're in the US, as I assume the threadstarter is considering the links are to MF.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by SOADrox429

Good questions. Regardless, there are better amps out there for the price of those.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
well i like to play grunge stuff like pearl jam and some funky like RHCP so im alittle varied
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
^ is pearl jam the heaviest grunge you play? if so, i'd probably look into the vox valvetronix. As i originally said, try everything you can.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Buy Both Of Them, They're Amazing!!!!!

Just Use The Search Button And You'll See How Awesome They Are!!!!!!!!!!!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Don't do either!!!!! lol don't go MG please!!
www.myspace.com/abnegative <<< Check It!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^

yeah, basically try them if you can. Odds are you'll realised why they're slagged off so much here. Also try roland cubes, vox valvetronix, solid state randalls, etc. Everything you can get your hands on, so you can decide what you like best.

\/ +1, slats. Especially if you're in the US, as I assume the threadstarter is considering the links are to MF.

what's so funny bout my post
I'd recommend you go for a Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube. Don't get a MG.

here's a list of problems with MGs:

1. Horrible sound - the clean channel is muddy, and i've known it to end up getting more distorted than the distorted channels after a year or so. The distorted channels are fuzzy and lack dynamics.
2. Dynamics - Here's whats wrong with the dynamics; there's no dynamic range. Fret squeaks, and other unwanted noises from the guitar being played will be amplified at the same volume as the notes you do want.
3. The sound is misleading - It sounds okay to hear someone else using one, but as soon as you start playing, it sounds nasty. if you really care about your tone, you'll never be satisfied with how you sound through a MG.
4. The misleading Badge - Marshall, you'd expect it to be good, but it's really not. Marshalls recent lower-end products have been really poor.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
alright thanks, ill guess ill try out different amps and she which one suits my likings.
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
Quote by The Masterplan
what's so funny bout my post

the one above yours. that's why there are two "^"'s...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the one above yours. that's why there are two "^"'s...

ooh i see.
another thing i learned today

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Having owned the mghdfx100 i can say that you will be sorry..there is no real tone...the clean is ok but it could be cleaner. i spent the next year buying pedals just to "FIX" the "Problem"...ok im done
I've realized i can't shred....and I'm ok with it....
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I'm going to tell you before you get flamed hardcore. Take down this thread. Your just gonna' get raped by kids telling you your a noob. Buy a Vox Valvetronix amp or a Roland Cube.

raped by kids like u
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
randall for RHCP? nah, he's better off with vox if staying solid state, maybe traynor, crate v, laney, or fender if going tube.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
randall for RHCP? nah, he's better off with vox if staying solid state, maybe traynor, crate v, laney, or fender if going tube.

Oops, I didn't catch the music styles. Sorry folks.

In that case, how about a Laney VC30?
Quote by jj1565

yeah, i suggested the randall before he said what he played, i wanted to give a wide range of stuff which'd probably be ok.

once i saw he wanted rhcp and pearl jam, i changed to the vox...

(just realised you probably meant that b-stock one... )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha i did, but u blew urself in anyway.

dave dont u know by now, u could suggest he play through a bees nest and id still +1 you!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SOADrox429

EDIT: The guy above me is probably right. Everyone here likes tube amps a lot more than solid state.
If you're just going to be using it for practice, then you don't need either of those. Get something smaller.
If you're going to be using it for just about anything else, get a tube amp.

Its not just tube vs solid state, its that the marshall MG line of amps is very cheap quality, unreliable, it does sound thin and just overall not good compared to other amps in the price range.

Again, valvetronix or roland cube ftw.

EDIT: CLicked the link to see how much the amp costed, if you could spend that much on a mg and want the best sound for your money check out a fender blues junior or crate v16. It will be louder than the 50 watt marshall also. If you want alot of versitility and is willing to sacrafice tone for that you could still go the roland or valvetronix route.
Last edited by gsr2k6 at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
haha i did, but u blew urself in anyway.

dave dont u know by now, u could suggest he play through a bees nest and id still +1 you!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?