I know his signature instrument isn't for me, but his amplification system has piqued my interest. Has anyone played through it? If so, what's it like?

I think his amps are very feature-thin, but he is very well spoken and confident about it, and he's starting to convert me. My main issues are with the bands of EQ, the stereo power amp without a crossover, and the low power (either 250W or 500W). Also, I'm not a fan if 15's.

Any thoughts?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Dont the Hellborg amps come as a seperate pre-amp and power amp? does this have any noticable benefit?
Quote by kaptink
Dont the Hellborg amps come as a seperate pre-amp and power amp? does this have any noticable benefit?

I think the idea is to just mix and match power and preamps. There's only 1 Hellborg preamp, but there are 3 power amps. Hellborg says you can record direct to tape with the preamp, so I think the benifits are more convenient than sonic.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..