Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular Music Man JPM and the new BFR F-1? including price? the only difference i can see is the body scoop, and its made of mahongany. anyone own either of the 2?
Ernie Ball/Music Man JP6/JP7
Body: Basswood
Finish:
Body - High Gloss Polyester
Neck – Gunstock Oil/Wax Blend

Scale Length: 25 ½”
Weight: 6.5 – 8 lbs (varies slightly, also depends on options)
Neck: 24 Fret Rosewood on Select Maple. Matching headstock color and JP “Shield” inlays available.
Fretboard Radius: 15”
Bridge: John Petrucci Music Man Tremolo, Solid Steel Saddles. Piezo model available
Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio
Controls: 500K Volume, 500K Tone, .022uF Tone Cap, 3 way toggle with custom center configuration. Piezo option includes 3 way mag/blend/piezo output selection switch and piezo volume controls.
Notes: Control cavity is shielded with graphite acrylic resin. Cavity cover is shielded with aluminum foil tape.

Ernie Ball/Music Man Ball Family Reserve John Petrucci F-1
Body: Alder with Mahogany “tone block” running from the neck joint to the bridge; Quilted of flamed maple top
Finish:
Neck – High Gloss Polyester

Weight: 7.5 – 8.5 lbs (varies slightly)
Neck: 24 Fret Rosewood on Mahogany. Matching flame/quilt headstock standard.
Bridge: John Petrucci Music Man Tremolo, Solid Steel Saddles. Piezo bridge standard.
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio John Petrucci Custom
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio D-Sonic
Controls: 500K Volume, 500K Tone, .022uF Tone Cap, 3 way toggle with custom center configuration, 3 way mag/blend/piezo output selection switch and piezo volume.
Quote by TwoString
Ernie Ball/Music Man JP6/JP7
Body: Basswood
Finish:
Neck – Gunstock Oil/Wax Blend

Weight: 6.5 – 8 lbs (varies slightly, also depends on options)
Neck: 24 Fret Rosewood on Select Maple. Matching headstock color and JP “Shield” inlays available.
Bridge: John Petrucci Music Man Tremolo, Solid Steel Saddles. Piezo model available
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio
Controls: 500K Volume, 500K Tone, .022uF Tone Cap, 3 way toggle with custom center configuration. Piezo option includes 3 way mag/blend/piezo output selection switch and piezo volume controls.
Notes: Control cavity is shielded with graphite acrylic resin. Cavity cover is shielded with aluminum foil tape.

Ernie Ball/Music Man Ball Family Reserve John Petrucci F-1
Body: Alder with Mahogany “tone block” running from the neck joint to the bridge; Quilted of flamed maple top
Finish:
Neck – High Gloss Polyester

Weight: 7.5 – 8.5 lbs (varies slightly)
Neck: 24 Fret Rosewood on Mahogany. Matching flame/quilt headstock standard.
Bridge: John Petrucci Music Man Tremolo, Solid Steel Saddles. Piezo bridge standard.
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio John Petrucci Custom
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio D-Sonic
Controls: 500K Volume, 500K Tone, .022uF Tone Cap, 3 way toggle with custom center configuration, 3 way mag/blend/piezo output selection switch and piezo volume.

aright awesome thanks. you ever play any of them? o and do you know the prices?
I have not played a EB/MM JPM, but I've played a handfull of Silhouettes (the model the JPM was based on) and I love them. As far as prices go, it all depends on what options you get. The base JPM should be somewhere in the $1200 range, while the F-1 is $2400 I think.
Quote by TwoString
I have not played a EB/MM JPM, but I've played a handfull of Silhouettes (the model the JPM was based on) and I love them. As far as prices go, it all depends on what options you get. The base JPM should be somewhere in the $1200 range, while the F-1 is $2400 I think.

im asuming with the Piezo's it would probably be a bit more, but that sounds like a very reasonable price for the BFR. EB/MM is the only company i know of that actually charges a reasonable price for there products. fenders cost about $800 more than they should Gibson is about $1000 overpriced ( although i cant stay away from them :sad PRS is still a little too much, but the Ernie Ball's are just...affordable