How much does your GPA way in on your admission?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Aren't there many Berkeley colleges?
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
I don't know exactly, but a good GPA will only help you obviously. It may not be their biggest concern, but they do look at your high school academic performance.
Quote by Phax
Aren't there many Berkeley colleges?

well, Berklee School of Music in Boston, MA
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

probably quite a bit. i will be enrolling at University of Houston and the school of Human Sciences requires a 2.5 g.p.a. i know it isn't berklee but their is a definite correlation between g.p.a. and admissions.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
the berklee website has a lot of useful information about admissions

by far, the biggest factor is your audition. i dont know about gpa, but they don't take SAT scores into consideration.
Not very much. A dumbass friend of mine is in his freshman year at Berklee. He had around a 3.0/5.0
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by loinmute
probably quite a bit. i will be enrolling at University of Houston and the school of Human Sciences requires a 2.5 g.p.a. i know it isn't berklee but their is a definite correlation between g.p.a. and admissions.

but this is a music college, so it's a little different, i assume.

well, i have like a 3.2/4 so, i guess i should'nt be concerned
Quote by Captain_Kickass

To my knowledge, Berklee has a very low academic standard, so as long as you're not clinically retarded, you should be fine.

Compared to, say, Berkley, which has an average incoming GPA of over 4.0.
Last edited by yawn at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by yawn
To my knowledge, Berklee has a very low academic standard, so as long as you're not clinically retarded, you should be fine.

yikes, thank god i'm a musician!
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Quote by Dirge Humani
*Weigh.

God...you're going to college?

. Bye bye faith in education.

sorry, typo.
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Quote by dreamtheater91
sorry, typo.

How the hell was that a typo?

'Well I'll miss the last 4 letters and replace them with 2 different ones which happen to make way because my finger slipped' doesn't seem likely.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by yawn

haha yeah i thought he was talking about UC Berkley... not knowing if GPA was important and mispelling "weigh" hahaha. you're a shoo in.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by gm jack
How the hell was that a typo?

'Well I'll miss the last 4 letters and replace them with 2 different ones which happen to make way because my finger slipped' doesn't seem likely.

well, maybe typo isn't the right word.

I made a grammatical mistake.

happy?
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Quote by dreamtheater91
well, maybe typo isn't the right word.

I made a grammatical mistake.

happy?

Wrong word again.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by John W
Wrong word again.

You should stop being such a prick. It was an honest mistake on his part, and he apologized for it.

As far as GPA, one of my friends got in this year with around a 3.4/4 I think, so it doesn't need to be really high, just decent.
Same question, but with Emerson instead of Berklee?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
dunno, look on collegeboard.com on the school-by-school breakdown

edit:
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
haha yeah i thought he was talking about UC Berkley... not knowing if GPA was important and mispelling "weigh" hahaha. you're a shoo in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZvkB_i0xc

UC Berkley > everything > trombone player

'cept tufts.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Last edited by iforgot539 at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by Dirge Humani
*Weigh.

God...you're going to college?

. Bye bye faith in education.

+1 lol
10th member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm DeathPlague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Quote by metallifan3091
Steve Vai of the RG Owners of the World Club. PM user rockownstheworld to join.

You have to close the tags.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
Do you guys know if there's an age requirement/cap for Berklee? I want to finish my undergrad that I'm doing right now, and grad in Engineering, then get a job and work for 10 years or something and save up a bunch of money so I can live off that while I hopefully study at Berklee later on. That would be nice.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
http://www.berklee.edu/

3. The supporting materials:

* Your academic transcripts, including your most recent high school transcript or GED, and a college transcript if you have already completed a minimum of 24 college credits at another institution. International applicants must provide official English translations of their transcripts.

Berklee does not require SAT or ACT scores. While you may choose to include your test scores if they are an area of strength, our audition and interview process provides us with a wealth of information to assess each applicant's musical aptitude and ability to succeed at Berklee.

* Applicants are asked to provide a contact name, address, phone, and email information for an instrumental or vocal instructor.

* Applicants for whom English is not their primary language should submit a TOEFL score or provide a contact name, address, phone, and email information for an English language instructor.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
with a 3.2 you should be fine. i think what they really want is that you show some talent and musicianship on your audition.
Quote by metallifan1
with a 3.2 you should be fine. i think what they really want is that you show some talent and musicianship on your audition.

see, I'm still just a junior, so if i buckle down(haha, yet right...), i can bring it up a few points.

Gotta plan ahead though...
Quote by Captain_Kickass