hey, i need a song to play for a talent show. im gonna be playing guitar with a bassist most likely but we might get a full band. we play like classic rock to metal stuff. we want people to recognize it but be really impressive with a good solo. so any ideas would be appreciated. sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Thanks
I don't have any suggestions on what TO play but I'm begging you not to butcher Eruption like every other person at a talent show in the history of the world.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Any song of jimi hendrix or rebel yell by billy Idol(or cob) you also do you're own version of paint it black with an oldies style and with a metal solo
hmm womans a little too easy. We need something that is like "ZOMG amazing" if u know wat i mean haha.
Quote by cmickd06
hmm womans a little too easy. We need something that is like "ZOMG amazing" if u know wat i mean haha.

how difficult on a scale from 1 to 10?

1 being like good riddance by green day
10 being fury of the storm by dragonforce

edit: but honestly war pigs is awesome and doesn't sound that hard

edit2: but you might need a vocalist, might not be so great instrumental. If all you have is instruments, then play something instrumental like Orion by Metallica
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by Godsmack_IV
how difficult on a scale from 1 to 10?

1 being like good riddance by green day
10 being fury of the storm by dragonforce

edit: but honestly war pigs is awesome and doesn't sound that hard

edit2: but you might need a vocalist, might not be so great instrumental. If all you have is instruments, then play something instrumental like Orion by Metallica

it can be 10 on a scale
yea most likely its gonna be instrumental so the music has to be good
and we want people to recognize it
and need an awesome solo
we played sweet child o mine last year and got first
well i dunno about something that ppl will instantly recognize but heres my opinion:

Round and Round - Ratt...impressive solo imo.
Edisons Medicine - Tesla...the intro is sure to make sum1 say wtf!?!?
Seventeen - Winger..makes me wish i could play it everytime i hear it.

Or you could go with a classic from Jimi or GNR such as Paradise City.

Edit: err, scratch GNR there, didnt see that you did them last year. Mabey Girls Girls Girls would work for ya.
Last edited by Foo1881 at Aug 1, 2007,
You did GNR last year?

Then do "She builds quick machines" by Velvet Revolver. =/It's easy, but with enough stage-presence..... It's KICK ASS
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
enter sandman
Master of Puppets
or

PANAMA!!
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
I played seven nation army and pimped out the solo; threw my guitar behind my head n ****. Just pick a song you like and is kinda popular, then go with it.
Quote by Vermintide
Welcome all comers, with open arms and a wagging tail

Member #5 of the Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Pop N' Locker of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Foo1881
well i dunno about something that ppl will instantly recognize but heres my opinion:

Round and Round - Ratt...impressive solo imo.
Edisons Medicine - Tesla...the intro is sure to make sum1 say wtf!?!?
Seventeen - Winger..makes me wish i could play it everytime i hear it.

Or you could go with a classic from Jimi or GNR such as Paradise City.

yea we were thinking about paradise city or nightrain
Quote by cmickd06
yea we were thinking about paradise city or nightrain

Well if you want popularity go for Paradise City cuz even ppl who listen to mainstream poopie have heard it, and a fellow guitarist can appreciate it...ppl might think you have no variety if they know u did SCOM last year tho.
Iron Man of course. It's simple, but powerful. Everyone will recognize it also, there are solo's also.
Do a Jimi rendition of Star-Spangled Banner, with all the sound effects.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by Fyre Deity
You did GNR last year?

Then do "She builds quick machines" by Velvet Revolver. =/It's easy, but with enough stage-presence..... It's KICK ASS

No, do slither by velvet revolver. Much better song and people will be jumpin all over the place. And easy but kick ass solo. Just need a wah. Trust me, it will work like a charm. It's not hard to sing at all so even you playing and singing wouldn't be bad at all with some practice.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by GuitarFreak664
I don't have any suggestions on what TO play but I'm begging you not to butcher Eruption like every other person at a talent show in the history of the world.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEsLNqwkmnY

my guitarist didn't =p

twas pretty damn awsome
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Just play something with a shred solo, every will be like "zomg hes l33t!!!!!111111111".
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
*shouts from a distance*

FREE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Any Van Halen, cause absolutely everyone knows them. Do Hot for Teacher, and have that wicked choreographed dance to go along with it. And the orange suits. Ultimate crowd pleaser.
Quote by cmickd06

Hangar 18.
Be cool.
bust out some Cliffs of Dover. faces will melt, people will die.

true story.
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
try smooth by Santana i played this at camp one year it was good
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
rock you like a hurricane - scorpions

unless you are on the coast or louisianna its bad taste try smells like teen spirit its not hard but its a crowd pleaser
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Aug 1, 2007,
Play some Pantera awesome solos there!
My Gear
Ltd Alexi-600 with a Seymour Duncan Blackout!
Jackson Dinky
Dean DBDT ML
Epiphone Sg
Crate 15 Watt amp

X-Brawn of the Mighty Autobots PM Kankuro to Join
2112, all 20+ minutes

but, van halen's always good for those kinda things or ac/dc, like thunderstruck or hell's bells.
arpeggios from hell or rising force by yngwie malmsteen
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman