i was talking guitars with some dude yesturday at applebees. and he asked me about my amp and i said how i use a B-52 AT-212, 100watts, all tube, and he said thats nothing. that he has a 280watt Peavey Dimebag tube amp thats like two half stacks. now i automatically thought he was either A. full of sh!t, or B. had no f-ing clue what he was talking about. cause first off, ive never seen or even heard of a 280 watt tube amp, it would kill you it would be so loud. plus, peavey doesnt even make an amp above 120watts. and Dimebag played Randell amps for most of his career then switched to Krank before he died. so unless im horribally mistaken, this kid is full of sh!t right?
He is full of complete **** and crate actually makes a production blue voodoo head that is 350 watts all tube.
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
if i remember rightly dimebag NEVER used peavey...
i also thought it was BASS AMPS that went up to that kinda wattage?

its not option A or B, its secret option C which is a combination of the two
Top lel.
Just some dude trying to act like he knows what he's talking about. lol I would've liked to see your facial expression when he said "280 watt Dimebag Tube Amp"
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
He might have been talking about the Randall Warhead, 300 watts, but it's solid-state..
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
He was probably mistaking the wattage ratings on his speaker cabinet for the actual wattage of the amp head.
Quote by FlightofIcarus
He might have been talking about the Randall Warhead, 300 watts, but it's solid-state..

and its not a peavey. and he defentally said peavey
Yuck..Applebees
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Well either way hes full of ****, A dimebag never had a sig peavy, and B, peavy hasnt made a 280 watt tube amp.
what a dumb ass.....ive never heard of such and odd number of watts for an amp 280?...what the ****....now the most ive ever heard is 350 and htats a marshall mode four....(i guess it does both solid state and tube amp or something like that) ya...so whered you get ure b-52?....ive been lookin for a good deal on one of those
maybe he tried to trick you and it seems like you fell for it since you didn't refute his statement at the moment
punch him!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Of course it's bs. If you ever see him again, make a point to set him alight.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
As soon as he said, "that's nothing," about your amp, I would've recognized that he was a dick and tuned him out. If some kid tells me he's playing a Spider, I smile and say, "oh, cool." Only a dick feels the need to top a stranger.

This one would seem to be a liar, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
actualyl peavey made a 180 watt tube amp but im just saying
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
well the kid actually gave me his number because my band is looking for a drummer and he plays drums, but why he was trying to show me up in guitar gear i dont know. so me, my bassist, and lead guitarist are supposed to go chill and jam with him this weekend. so ill know for sure if he's bull****ting me or not.
dude applebees is the best!

anyways yeah like most people said that is bs.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
dude applebees is the best!

anyways yeah like most people said that is bs.

youve got good taste my friend! you like applebees, youre an LP fan, you play an Ibanez RG, you have a B-52 AT-212, and you also use a iSP Decimator!
Quote by lp_dude_2
youve got good taste my friend! you like applebees, youre an LP fan, you play an Ibanez RG, you have a B-52 AT-212, and you also use a iSP Decimator!

haha dude
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
280 watt Peavey Dimebage? Pff...I gotta whole wall of 100-watt Mashall MG stacks...

the guy is definatly bull****ting you...
Quote by lp_dude_2
not to sound like a dick, but what does this have to do with the topic?

he's poking fun.
280 watts? What kind of random number is that? The guy is telling a huge lie. Either that, or he is horribly mistaken in how much wattage he needs. 280 watt tube? You could easilly go deaf from something like that.

pepsi