I have a Gibson SG (standerd)...and lately I saw small dents on the neck (I mean the backside of the neck not the fretboard)..is that normal?cause my teacher has also a SG and the same story on his guitar?I just wonder why it happends?I clean the guitar and I don't bump it or anything?also I haven't seen this before on other brands of guitars...

TNX
Your thumb is too strong.

/sarcasm.

I dunno.

/honesty
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Its nothing to fret over if its just little dings, they could be anything, maybe where you have knocked it on something, or maybe when its been put in a stand and it hit abit of the metal?
It's just where your guitar neck knocks against things probably. A couple of my guitars all have little nicks here and there on the neck where i've been a bit careless.
it's not due to the use of a capo is it? i have seen necks with dents on the back due to this.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Depends on what kind of capo, mine has padding so it doesn't do it on mine. I have 2 small dents in my neck, doesn't bother me though.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
do you set you guitar up against your amp? The same thing happened to my SG, Mahagony dents easily, what wood is your guitar neck made of?