Page 1 of 5
Pretty simple. Post bands that you think are really musically talented, but you just can't stand their stuff.

For me, I'd have to say Dragonforce.
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
The Beatles
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
any metal.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
any metal.

yup

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
^lulz
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Beatles ( I can stand them but can't really like them)
Most metal
Iron Maiden if they got any talent...

Jimmy Pwns Jimi, were you on drugs while creating that account?
steve vai, amazing musician, but holy crap i can't listen to him for more then 10 seconds.
PWning N00bs Today!
All bands are talented. Just simply "To what degree". If I had to give the name of a band that is more talented than the generality of a genre that I can't stand...I guess Metal musicians. They are talented, but I simply hate the genre.
Quote by Izz
Iron Maiden if they got any talent...

Me loves Iron Maiden.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Most bands with above-average technical ability. I like slightly out-of-tune chords and vocals that are a smidge off-key.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Schmietty
Meshuggah.

-10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Beatles cant stand them at all.
Quote by drunknpunk204
why cant stevie wonder read?
cause hes black

Quote by capsfan17

whats the difference between a dead baby and a sandwich?

I dont fuck a sandwich before I eat it

Quote by ar73m
Dude she's got a CP172R in her panties

Nothing beats plugging into that slot
Quote by darkstar2466
Me loves Iron Maiden.

They might have talent but I just think they are trying so damn hard to sound hard and metal that they become a living joke.
Dragonforce, maybe. I just can't tell if Herman Li is good but lazy, or bad but good at faking. I'm thinking it's the former, so I'll say Dragonforce.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Dream Theater. There is no better proof of incredibly talented musicians coming together to make incredibly untalented music.
Quote by Izz

Jimmy Pwns Jimi, were you on drugs while creating that account?

heh...

you know its true

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
Quote by Hugsy
Pretty simple. Post bands that you think are really musically talented, but you just can't stand their stuff.

For me, I'd have to say Dragonforce.

I take issue with your user title.

For me, most metal, and a fair bit of classic rock.
Quote by Metal claw
Dream Theater.

+1. id have to agree with dragonforce too. oh and i cant stand metallica, but i know that they have more talent than i ever will .
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by Izz
They might have talent but I just think they are trying so damn hard to sound hard and metal that they become a living joke.

Maiden has more talent and composing skill than most other bands out there. They're not TRYING to sound hard and metal; it's just their style of playing. Metallica tries too hard to sound hard and metal, if you ask me.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Jimmy_Pwns_Jimi
heh...

you know its true

Are we talking about Page?

Nile,

They are really talented but when I hear there music it doesn't have structure it just sounds like people playing the most complex guitar riff they can think of, off beat drums and a guy growling at random times.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by darkstar2466
Maiden has more talent and composing skill than most other bands out there. They're not TRYING to sound hard and metal; it's just their style of playing. Metallica tries too hard to sound hard and metal, if you ask me.

Might be so. But all Maiden's album covers etc just makes me laugh. Because Maiden isn't really that hard as they make themselves out to be...
Quote by Izz
Might be so. But all Maiden's album covers etc just makes me laugh. Because Maiden isn't really that hard as they make themselves out to be...

Have you ever listened....

Scratch that.

Have you any experience with Iron Maiden beyond simply hearing their name?

You can't really try too hard when you are one of the founding fathers of the genre
Quote by Izz

Back when they first started they were considered one of the most heavy metal bands. They just don't seem as heavy now because there are tonnes of bands that have overdone them.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
John Mayer. Fine guitarist, but I can't stand his music.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Izz

They have never tried to have a "Hard, we'll beat your ass" image. Now if you wanna talk about those pushover hair metal bands from the 80's on the other hand....
Quote by Garret.
Back when they first started they were considered one of the most heavy metal bands. They just don't seem as heavy now because there are tonnes of bands that have overdone them.

Okay. But their albums and this Edward **** is just pathetic IMO. Is it supposed to be cool or fascinating?

Quote by WinterMadness76
They have never tried to have a "Hard, we'll beat your ass" image. Now if you wanna talk about those pushover hair metal bands from the 80's on the other hand....

Sure tell me something about them...They make themselves out to be quite hard yeah...And please tell me what bands you'll talk about so I know I should defend any band I like.
+1 for john mayer, i just saw him live a couple weeks ago, can't stand his voice and some of his songs, but damn he can play guitar
Meshuggah. They're very talented with their weird times and all that but I think it sounds like a bunch of chugging and garbage.

Dragonforce. They play sloppily drunk all the time, but even without that, I don't like their music, it all sounds the same. Bunch of dumb sounding power chords.
Quote by Izz
Okay. But their albums and this Edward **** is just pathetic IMO. Is it supposed to be cool or fascinating?

Sure tell me something about them...They make themselves out to be quite hard yeah...And please tell me what bands you'll talk about so I know I should defend any band I like.

Stop talking already.
Quote by Izz

Have you ever listened to their music? This is the best example of 'don't judge a band by its album covers.' There's a reasoning behind their album covers as well. They aren't trying to be br00tal. They're not even trying to be metal. They're just playing some great riffs and harmonies and writing songs that have meaning behind them, unlike half of the bands I hear nowadays. Look more into Maiden, or come chat with us in the Maiden thread. You gotta look beyond them album covers.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Vermintide
Stop talking already.

Okaay. Sorry sir.

Quote by darkstar2466
Have you ever listened to their music? This is the best example of 'don't judge a band by its album covers.' There's a reasoning behind their album covers as well. They aren't trying to be br00tal. They're not even trying to be metal. They're just playing some great riffs and harmonies and writing songs that have meaning behind them, unlike half of the bands I hear nowadays. Look more into Maiden, or come chat with us in the Maiden thread. You gotta look beyond them album covers.

Have heard some and I do agree the riffs are great but something just makes me take them unseriously...
Last edited by Izz at Aug 1, 2007,
Page 1 of 5