Page 1 of 2
So yeah I was Flicking through the channels, and came across CNN and turns out an Interstate Bridge has collapsed over the Mississippi River. They don't know what caused the collapse, and at last count 6 are dead and many more injured. And I thought to myself I should share this with UG so wow that's horrible..

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/01/bridge.collapse/index.html
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Jimmyyoung at Aug 1, 2007,
i thought it was rather hilarious
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
yeah i heard about that! i have been trying to find the actual video of it collapsing. I live in minnesota, about four hours away from there!
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
This is obviously the work of aliens.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Quote by cherub_rocker07

I can feel the frost of your cold heart from here lol
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
Quote by cherub_rocker07

asshole
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Way to post the third thread about this.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Jesse Ventura was awesome......

Will Sasso from MadTV did a great impression of Jesse lol

MIN-A-SODA!!!
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by cherub_rocker07

fuker

*reported*
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
I live in MN and I saw that on the news. The pics of the aftermath are pretty crazy. I bet rush hour is going to suck until they can fix that, but it really doesn't affect me because I don't live in the Cities
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Quote by bobbyj84
fuker

*reported*

reported for what?

i just think it's funny when bad things happen
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I live in a suburb, so the news shocked me as soon as I heard about it. I hope no one close to me dies from this tragedy. My thoughts are with the people that have lost someone in this though.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Is the Minneapolis Bridge big or something? I've never heard of it. Feel bad for the people that died though.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
whoa i was just on that bridge on saturday : / anyways cherub, thats awful of you, have some respect. a rather large disaster just occured a matter if hrs ago and all you can say is, "well i thought it was hilarious" what makes u wanna say somethin like that?
every1 report him
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by cherub_rocker07

**** you! Your obviously not from around where it happend and you dont know anybody involved with it. IF you think people who were driving home from work to their families dying is hilarious you are a sick person
Quote by EVH_5150
stairway to heaven has a solo?!?!
Last edited by thefretlord at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by cherub_rocker07

haha Oh my sides MY SIDES! haha

Tard

Anyways thats some freaky **** I was just up there this sunday for the warped tour. I know this bridge I live about an hour away from it. RIP and may god be with the familys of the victims.
I see that you're gangster. Im pretty gangster myself.
Quote by bobbyj84
every1 report him

Don't tell me what to do. He has the right to find humor in whatever he sees fit, despite the fact that the majority finds it despicable.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm sorry for the losses. Whoever helped design that bridge is totally getting fired.
Quote by happytimeharry
Don't tell me what to do. He has the right to find humor in whatever he sees fit, despite the fact that the majority finds it despicable.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm sorry for the losses. Whoever helped design that bridge is totally getting fired.

No, he doesn't have the right.
People like you are like those douchebags in the USA who use "freedom of speech" as an excuse to be racist, and more.
I'm guessing you are okay with the Westborough Baptist Church as well?
Quote by powerstroke
Is the Minneapolis Bridge big or something? I've never heard of it. Feel bad for the people that died though.

It's probably one of the biggest bridges in MN because it had a 8 lane highway going over it. I heard on the news this morning that it will take two years to rebuild it.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Quote by Horebane
People like you are like those douchebags in the USA who use "freedom of speech" as an excuse to be racist, and more.

Yes he does. What you are actually advocating is control over what people think, which is rather worse than mere censorship.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
reported for what?

i just think it's funny when bad things happen

Somebody likes George Carlin.

Quote by Horebane

Don't be an ass, and stop dictating what other people are allowed to think.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by cecil69
yeah i heard about that! i have been trying to find the actual video of it collapsing. I live in minnesota, about four hours away from there!

I saw one on Kron 4 earlier today. It was from a security camera.

And yes, it's quite sad.
Quote by happytimeharry

actually i imagine its the inspectors from the state/federal highway administration. it was inspected most recently in november i heard, and was deemed safe at the time. i wonder what happened to it between then and now. and for the vid, link?
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
I've drove over that bridge more times than I can count...that sucks that it collapsed but whoever designed it is gonna be looking for a new job soon..thats right next too the venue's I see concerts at..

thats a really long fall down to the river from the bridge.
Warnings for pricks/flamers.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
does anyone have a link to the security cam video of the collapse?

prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
My friend just told me his brother was working on some road for work that you could see the bridge from...so he saw it go down.
Quote by Horebane

All you're doing is being a dick. He has the right to believe what ever the hell he wants, just because the rest of society doesn't agree, doesn't mean he can't think it's funny.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
that was crazy, i was in guitar lessons when it happened and my teacher got a text at the end and said "i guess a bridge colapsed." then driving home being close to the bridge saw maby 20 cops driving about 95 to the bridge and 1 pulling a boat which was a crazy speed but i was just about to make a thread about this. i live 30 minutes away, its crazy.
Obviously this was President Bush's fault, right?

I think it was horrible, 4 dead, I thought it would be more... There were like 50 cars on that bridge when it collapsed.
Dude getting picked up from a friends house up north and we were driving home and were on 35w and were maybe gonna head over the bridge, but like 5 mins before we got there, I heard breaking news about it on the radio. I COULDA BEEN ON THAT BRIDGE MAN!
dudee its the ****ing towns fault. they knew the bridge was old they knew from 1990 that it needed to be repaired the just didn't want to spend any money fixing it. and what do we have a bunch pepole injured and lots of damage and for whaht tto save a couple of bucks. also construction was being done on the bridgee so durning rush our there weere only two lanes open. obviously too much weight for a old bridge to handle.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by Horebane

Yes, he DOES have the right, despite what your views on the situation are. I am not racist and I don't use "freedom of speech" as a crutch so I can say whatever I want. Freedom of speech is just that though. Some people, like me, realize that and take it for it's literal meaning. Some people, like you, say freedom is speech is OK unless it hurts someone's itty bitty wittle feewings...

And since you brought it up, I absolutely despise Westboro and everything they stand for but guess what, they still have the Constitutional right to do what they are doing. That basic right doesn't change just because damn near everyone else disagrees with them. So please sir, calmly remove your head from your ass and have a nice day.
its actually getting kind of annoying now cause when i want to know what the weather is its a "SPECIAL RPEORT: BRIDGE COLLAPSE!" im surprised at how few deaths there were
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Jesus, I think every fucking bridge thread (mind you, there have been a lot) turns into a debate of whose wrong and whose right over speech and things like that.

Always gotta be someone out there to say something childish, stupid, or inappropriate to the topic, leading to all the other mess that happens.

People just can't be respectful about all this, this is a real big thing here in Minnesota for those who don't know. Maybe the media and national attention got a little too far, but at the same time, when a major bridge just falls down and people get hurt, theres going to be national coverage.
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Aug 3, 2007,
Quote by C.C. Deville
im surprised at how few deaths there were

As was I. 6 or so is still tragic, none the less, but I was expecting it to at least be considerably higher.
Page 1 of 2