Hi well I was wondering if you have a regular drum kit(bass Toms snare)Can you add on more drums like another bass drum or do you have to buy a set with two or more bass drums?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
depends on if you have a low or high end kit really. cheap kits are meant for beginners and will (probably) not sell single pieces. a high end type kit will usually have matching single pieces for sale from the company
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
ok so it has to be of the same brand?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
No, you just have to have the proper hardware for the pieces.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Quote by G-Rock
No, you just have to have the proper hardware for the pieces.

could you be more elaborate im not to smart
Quote by barden1069
Ya, I bought a Pearl Kit, added TKO and Mapex stuff to it. Sure, it may not all match color wise, but with good tuning, you can make it blend in, i did.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
ok thanks i had no ideas you tuned drums what if i bought drums of the same quality and assembled them would that work?
Quote by barden1069
You could get a double pedal system for doing blast beats and everything like that, seems cheaper than getting another bass drum
Quote by RealGuitarHero
ok thanks i had no ideas you tuned drums

Well what would you use a drum tuner for then?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
you can add anything on regardless of what kit you buy.

if you are a beginner you should buy a double bass pedal instead of 2 bass drums because
they are portable, cheaper and your kit will become huge with 2 bds
Quote by RealGuitarHero
could you be more elaborate im not to smart

You need pieces that match.

Yes you can expand your drum kit but most of it doesn't really involve actual connection between existing pieces. Most of the stuff you can add will be stuff like cymbals, cowbells, and other things that you'll simply have to buy a stand (or an extention to a stand...particularly for cowbell holders and splash cymbals). Also, it kinda depends what kind of drumset you have since on some the toms are placed directly over the bass drum with little extensions and for others you need an actual stand for toms.

Does that help a bit? lol...no, i don't play drums, but my cousin does and he's always talking about them just like i talk about guitars.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by andrew12398
Well what would you use a drum tuner for then?

making sure the drum heads are a consistant tightness at every corner and it tells you the optimum pitch for the size and dynamics of the drum. You should be able to do it by ear..compare one tom against another to get a chunky sound then test the full kit for a good sound.

Danny carey actually tunes his drums to the key of D which is pretty difficult
Quote by RealGuitarHero
ok thanks i had no ideas you tuned drums what if i bought drums of the same quality and assembled them would that work?

Yeah you have to tune them. The basic tuners will simply tighten each screw to a selected torque (resistance pretty much...it keeps on tightening till they reach the selected hardness/tightness). Once that is done then you have to do some fine tuning yourself by hitting the drum head (that would be the plastic part you hit) right along the rim (edge) close to each screw. You then tighten the screws until you get the same sound when you hit near every screw along the rim.

Sorry if it's confusing...

Quote by ElephantTalk
making sure the drum heads are a consistant tightness at every corner and it tells you the optimum pitch for the size and dynamics of the drum. You should be able to do it by ear..compare one tom against another to get a chunky sound then test the full kit for a good sound.

Danny carey actually tunes his drums to the key of D which is pretty difficult

Oops nevermind I'm confused now
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by andrew12398
Oops nevermind I'm confused now

no. i was doing it for the benefit of the threadstarter buddy.

edit DOH
ok thanks but can i just build a kit from pieces?
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Hi well I was wondering if you have a regular drum kit(bass Toms snare)Can you add on more drums like another bass drum or do you have to buy a set with two or more bass drums?

you should invest in a smaller kit at higher quality rather than hitting 15 pieces of crap if you wanna do huge fills just do more hits on each tom.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Yeah...but you'll still need compatible parts to connect stuff like toms and such.

Think of it as....a car or a computer. You can buy and install/replace parts as long as they're compatible.

Quote by RealGuitarHero

yes but it may more expensive, not look the same and some parts eg the tom holders may not fit the toms.
well i have money to burn recomend any parts?
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
well i have money to burn recomend any parts?

Okay

Mapex VX 5 piece kit or 2nd hand pearl export $400
Saluda/or Dream Hats Ride and Crashes $180 approx
Wuhan China Cymbal 18 inch $40
cymbal stands and hi hat stands-cheap models

i know a lot of pro guys who use this setup roughly you cant go wrong.
Last edited by ElephantTalk at Aug 1, 2007,
well then i have what i need thankyou

-edit is it possible to add a second bass drum to this?
Quote by barden1069
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by RealGuitarHero
well then i have what i need thankyou

no probs check out drummerworld for the best advice and drum stuff

oh also mapex double bass pedals are great
Quote by ElephantTalk
Okay

Mapex VX 5 piece kit or 2nd hand pearl export $400
Saluda/or Dream Hats Ride and Crashes $180 approx
Wuhan China Cymbal 18 inch $40
cymbal stands and hi hat stands-cheap models

i know a lot of pro guys who use this setup roughly you cant go wrong.

It's spelled Woohan if i'm not mistaken.

For cymbals i'd recommend Zildjian Avedis (Custom A's)...they're pretty good but might be slightly expensive. Don't buy a cheap pearl, trust me...you'd be better off with an unknown brand set of the same price. The china cymbal i do agree on (Woohan). Get a double bass pedal rather than two floor toms cuz it's easier to transport and occupies less space. Get a Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal for that...and if you can, get a hi-hat stand that doesn't use chains. Get the kind that has a strip instead cuz they move much smoother (that's also why the Iron Cobra pedals feel better when compared to chain-runned pedals).

EDIT: stop asking whether you can add another bass drum since we can't assure you on anything without pics/specifications of the parts...even then though, the two bass drums probably wouldn't even be connected to each other through any parts.

Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 1, 2007,
is a double bass pedal the same as a double bass drum?
Quote by barden1069
Quote by evening_crow
It's spelled Woohan if i'm not mistaken.

For cymbals i'd recommend Zildjian Avedis (Custom A's)...they're pretty good but might be slightly expensive. Don't buy a cheap pearl, trust me...you'd be better off with an unknown brand set of the same price. The china cymbal i do agree on (Woohan). Get a double bass pedal rather than two floor toms cuz it's easier to transport and occupies less space. Get a Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal for that...and if you can, get a hi-hat stand that doesn't use chains. Get the kind that has a strip instead cuz they move much smoother (that's also why the Iron Cobra pedals feel better when compared to chain-runned pedals).

this guys friend plays drums. ive been teaching drums for 12 years.

go with my recommendations buddy. This guy is regurgitating random information his friends have told him (no offence)

few pointers:-

its Wuhan not Woohan
its A custom not Custom A
Avedis are a different cymbal line than A Custom
A custom basic set would be roughly $650
Felt Strip Hi Hat stands make minimal difference 98% of drummers use chains
Iron Cobras dont use strips
Last edited by ElephantTalk at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by RealGuitarHero
is a double bass pedal the same as a double bass drum?

depends on the quality of the bass drum or the pedal. mapex pedals are $150ish Iron Cobraa $400
Quote by ElephantTalk

go with my recommendations buddy. This guys is regurgitating random information his friends have told him (no offence)

Sorry, but my advice was based on the fact that my band's drummer has this equipment and is really nice for practice/gigging/recording and that my cousin is trying to buy this stuff. Most of this stuff is what they've mentioned so yeah...

The Zildjian Avedis are great...not pro level or expensive like Paistes, but way better than starting cymbal sets. The double bass pedal, well i've heard they're the best kind you can get...and i personally like them better than the chain ones, as with the hi-hat stand.

But yeah, i guess this guy knows what he's talking about...so listen to his advice.

EDIT: the Iron Cobra Jr. runs at about 140 dollars as do the hi-hat stands unless you want the whole pro stuff which would cost you 200 dollars more each.

Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by ElephantTalk

go with my recommendations buddy. This guy is regurgitating random information his friends have told him (no offence)

few pointers:-

its Wuhan not Woohan
its A custom not Custom A
Avedis are a different cymbal line than A Custom
A custom basic set would be roughly $650
Felt Strip Hi Hat stands make minimal difference 98% of drummers use chains
Iron Cobras dont use strips

ok thanks
Quote by barden1069
Quote by evening_crow
Sorry, but my advice was based on the fact that my band's drummer has this equipment and is really nice for practice/gigging/recording and that my cousin is trying to buy this stuff. Most of this stuff is what they've mentioned so yeah...

The Zildjian Avedis are great...not pro level or expensive like Paistes, but way better than starting cymbal sets. The double bass pedal, well i've heard they're the best kind you can get...and i personally like them better than the chain ones, as with the hi-hat stand.

But yeah, i guess this guy knows what he's talking about...so listen to his advice.

saludas/dream cymbals arent 'starting cymbal sets'
avedis were the first and only line for decades and are definately 'pro level' and as expensive as most paistes
iron cobras dont have strips..they also arent that great im selling mine at the moment
Okay...sorry for my mistakes guys!!! my bad...just wanted to help though.

anyway, these guys know what they're talking about (more than me) so listen to them.

oh, and look at the Flexi Glide Iron Cobras...those DO have strips...i was sure of that since my band's drummer has them.

Quote by garden of grey
Go with a double bass pedal for your own good.

A really nice one can be found used for about $200, but it is worth it. It is cheaper and more practical than two bass drums. (They are hard to get to sound the same and I think they are too far apart.)

At that price your could look around on craigslist for a nice double chained iron cobra, DW, or pearl eliminator pedal.

There are cheaper ones, but they are usually single chain and the slave pedal doesn't feel real.

double chains make minimal difference more a backup incase one fails. my iron cobras are not that much better than mapex or sonor ones at 1/2 the price. If you want the best Axis Longboards are pretty much the best.
Quote by evening_crow
Okay...sorry for my mistakes guys!!! my bad...just wanted to help though.

anyway, these guys know what they're talking about (more than me) so listen to them.

oh, and look at the Flexi Glide Iron Cobras...those DO have strips...i was sure of that since my band's drummer has them.

I wasnt aware of that. Most drummers buy chain nowadays straps were used in the 50s etc.
ok this is all good stuff thanks I'm trying to Setup a Good Drum Kit For Auditions And Practice to make my house almost perfect for my band
Quote by barden1069
are you the drummer or guitarist?
cause i play drums (started drums before guitar) and i have everything at my house.
but for some reason my drummer still wants to jam at his house. just be aware that your drummer may still want to use his kit.

but i reccomend a
pdp(pacific) kit (if their not expensive were you at. in aus they are resonable cheap compared to other kits)
paiste pst 5 cymbal pack (again maybe expensive where you are, if so go for pst 3's)
pdp double kick.
maybe new skins. if so i think probably one of those remo skin emperor skin packs ( i have some on my extremely cheap kit and once i put them on it sounded much better)

that would be an awesome kit right their.