Page 1 of 2
Im looking for a guitar that i can throw around and put a trillion stickers on to play punk on. My price limit is $200. I already have a Epi Sg and a PRS Se Custom but Im looking for a guitar I can treat like crap and play with in my punk band that will look like a punk guitar. I use the other two for metal and alternative stuff. Here are some I have checked out so far:

1) Epiphone G-310
2) Squier Hello Kitty Strat
3) Squier Bullet
4) Epiphone LP Jr. Special
5) Epiphone LP Special

Which would be best for punk? I like only a bridge pickup but for the sg and lp I can easily just wire them for a bridge pickup. So which is perfect for me?
a hello kitty strat? lmao well out of em all id say the g-310 but that being the best aint saying much 200 wont get u hardly anything.
the hello kitty strat all the way man...thats the one
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by aleister
Here's the deal

You don't treat your guitars like crap, kthx

thats why hes got other guitars to be nice to. who knows, by getting a cheap guitar, one can fully experiment with it and not have to worry about serious consequences. i fully respect his decision
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Quote by violencekid9
the hello kitty strat all the way man...thats the one

likewise....or the bullet.....
I would get the cheapest guitar possible, or I wouldn't get a new guitar at all. Check out the pawn shops for the cheapest guitar you can find.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
punk is dead but any strat will do for post punk pop punk and other basterdized versions of punk you could problly get a squire strat for 200
the hello kitty strat actually has a humbucker, I played the pink one and it doesn't sound bad, I'd get it. People would get a kick out of it too!!
Quote by fender_212
the hello kitty strat actually has a humbucker, I played the pink one and it doesn't sound bad, I'd get it. People would get a kick out of it too!!

ya i thought that would be a classic guitar to play and like you said ive also heard that it sounds good for its price
Quote by aleister
Here's the deal

You don't treat your guitars like crap, kthx

Seriously, man. There are plenty of people out there who wish they had the money to get a guitar. Be appercieative of what you have. And that's sums up pretty well why the rest of the world hates America.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
+1 to the samick malibu, comes standard with pretty nice duncans
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
i have a beat around guitar, its a cool thing to have around, test pickups on, go "i wonder what happens if i do this" and do it.

They have some old checkered guitars on ebay, checkers is about as punk as you can get. the hello kitty would be pretty sweet to.
fight the power that be
Quote by cashewchaching
Seriously, man. There are plenty of people out there who wish they had the money to get a guitar. Be appercieative of what you have. And that's sums up pretty well why the rest of the world hates America.

wtf like somethingcool said i have other guitars to treat with respect if i want to buy a guitar to treat with no respect then i will you dont have to sh*t a brick

why dont u whine to all the rockers who smash their guitars and their guitars are expensive and actually worth something

go complain to pete townshend i dont have the time to hear you whine
Last edited by Roedy0309 at Aug 1, 2007,
I don't get why people feel sorry for people who can't afford a nice guitar. sure, sucks to be them but why should we worry about it? not that I'm greedy or whatever I just think that it's dumb. Too many people play guitar now adays. go to form a band... "we have a problem..........." "why?" "we don't have a drummer or a bass player" "we could make a band with 7 guitarists!"

so don't yell at me, I don't give a Fak I'm just saying it like it is.

the hello kitty kicks ass for a cheap guitar. I've played one and it sounds better then a regular Squire cause it has a cheap humbucker.
Well first.

You need to kill yourself.

Then I'll tell you the ideal guitar for that kind of thing.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by Roedy0309
wtf like somethingcool said i have other guitars to treat with respect if i want to buy a guitar to treat with no respect then i will you dont have to sh*t a brick

why dont u whine to all the rockers who smash their guitars and their guitars are expensive and actually worth something

go complain to pete townshend i dont have the time to hear you whine

Next time you dis the Pete man YOU DIE! K? thxbai

Uh... maybe a Yamaha would be good for Strat style crap. OH! a Silvertone, absolute **** in a bag those are, and like $99 at your local Quikie-Mart. Check it out.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Get the G310 or the Les Pauls. SGs and Les Pauls are the basis of punk guitars.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Øttər
Next time you dis the Pete man YOU DIE! K? thxbai

wow im scared of the pete man r u serious about this u r a loser
Last edited by Roedy0309 at Aug 2, 2007,
umm for a beater get a Squier '51. I had one, it sounded really good! I own a Taylor acoustic and several good quality instruments and I can assure you that the '51 is a good instrument. Besides that, it's only 99 bucks and has a strat PU in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. They come in a vintage honey blonde color which looks very punk, and its cheap enough that you won't feel bad about putting stickers on it. Also, epi les pauls are good for cheap. Get an LP100 or studio for 180-220 bucks if you don't mind spending that much.
Get the Hello Kitty Strat and mod the hell out of it.

EMG 81, Kahler Trem, Locking Tuners, Graphite nut, and then the ultimate cosmetic makeover:

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
id go for the hello kitty strat once u buy it savagely customize it like in the pic the dude posted here ^^^ that wld be fckin awesome
Quote by RedMoonMan
Cause Your A Weak Ass Little Bitch!!!!

Quote by grim1
Says the person with a White Stripes avatar.

loool fucked yu right didnt he?
I'd get the Hello Kitty Strat, nothing like walking out on stage with one of those. Would probably sound alright too if you changed the pup at some point.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^ Especially if moddd to my pic, right?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by rooster456
Squier Strat + Sublime stickers = Punk.

This
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by MrCarrot
^ Especially if moddd to my pic, right?

Certainly would sir, certainly would
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
id get a stra with a umbucker in the bridge. you might be able to get a used fender hss for that much. if not then you could easily get a squier.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Black-and-Chrome-Fat-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=511944

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Fat-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510629

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Obey-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=512072

^^last one is 50 bucks over. but maybe you would like the paintjob for your "punk" image or something. maybe not. im just throwin it out there

edit: if anyone here has played need for speed underground, there is a hello kitty car. but then there is a customized one. it has the hello kitty picture but with like teeth and horns and stuff drawn on. i think that would look cool haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Aug 2, 2007,
Page 1 of 2