I was wondering what you use to store your six stringed bass, I currently just put it back into its little factory hardcase, but, it gets old after awhile, and Id like it to be closer at hand, but I dont really have any room for a stand, and most hangers arent made for such a beastly bass, what do you do, and maybe equally important, what should I do?
i don't think theres much you can do apart from a stand/wall hanger
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
be a man and put it in a case? well what kind of bass do u have first? if its a piece of crap dont worry where you store it, but if its something expensive just put it in a case that will protect it
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by Kayfan
You could hack parts off to make it lighter

...and the bass forum solves another unavoidable problem!
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
i put it in it's case or just lean it in a corner nearby...just make sure it's out of the way. Especially if you have dogs.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
dang, I was hoping someone would know of a supreme wall hanger, made really wide.
I used a hanger.

Just a normal one.

They're adjustable.

I don't even know why I'm in this thread, I sold my 6 string.
haha
I just use a crappy Guitar stand, normally keeping it in a Gig bag aswell.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I'm gonna bank on the fact that my '51 P-bass reissue is heavier than your 6-string. Here's a hint: spend more than $20 on a wall hanger. Here's another: Drill it into a stud. If a wall hanger is going to break, it's going to break at the wall, not the hanger itself. There are plenty of good hangers. I've seen dozens of 6-strings on hangers. Hangers hangers hangers.

Also, I have a 7-string. It's acoustic, weighs 4 lbs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by FbSa
I'm not aloud to post in here because I just play a mere 4/5/8/Upright. But what I do is lay it up against computer desk and everytime I'm on internet I'm usually playing.

He did say 6+ not just a 6 stringer.

You can buy general stands for them, but the 'Hercules Wall Hanger' is adjustable, lockable, swivel'able, twist'able & more.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
He did say 6+ not just a 6 stringer.

You can buy general stands for them, but the 'Hercules Wall Hanger' is adjustable, lockable, swivel'able, twist'able & more.

My microphone stand is Hercules. They make excellent and very very strong gear.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Drill it into a stud. If a wall hanger is going to break, it's going to break at the wall, not the hanger itself. There are plenty of good hangers. I've seen dozens of 6-strings on hangers.

yeah a hanger would probzo do the trick, however i think the problem of the walls would only apply to houses made out of wood, if you live in a brick/stone house and you put it on a main wall it should be fine. avoid hangers where both the posts are connected, i can't even get a 5 string bass in one of them!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I've had a wall hanger for a few months now for my sixer. I used to have a normal stand, but I needed space in my room so I got a wall hanger. Holds like a charm. As long as you screw it into a stud, you should be fine. Make sure you get one that looks tough. Mine has an auto-grab so when the weight goes down on it, two flaps on the front close to protect it from falling off. Got it for 20$. At first, since the neck is pretty large and the company probably didn't think of six string bass players, I had to force it in, but eventually the foam on the rods took the shape and now I don't need to force it on anymore.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Last edited by Ranxston at Aug 2, 2007,