Basically, we all have our thoughts on who's overrated and underrated, but are there any guitarists you think are rated just as they should be in society?

These come to my mind:

Steve Howe of YES

Stephen Stills of Crosby, Stills & Nash (& Young)

Robby Kreiger of The Doors (Although he is underrated as a composer. I think he was better than Jim Morrison)

Buddy Guy

Dave Matthews
uh...

this won't bring out the biased UG users at all

/fail
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
I think bob dylan's got the perfect amount of cred
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by leftybassdude
I think bob dylan's got the perfect amount of cred

I don't disagree, and I love Dylan, but he's really more know for being an amazing lyricist, rather than guitarist...although I did see him play a solo once on a DVD.

But so are some of the guitarists I mentioned too, so... =/
Quote by bradshults
And who doesn't think David Gilmour is amazing?!?!?!

*raises hand*
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Quote by bradshults
Lou Reed... really, it seems like all the people that hear him agree that he is awesome at the type of stuff he does. Same with Jeff Magnum form Neutral Milk Hotel. And who doesn't think David Gilmour is amazing?!?!?!

once you start talking pink floyd. things get controversial
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I don't understand.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I think clapton. i mean there is alot of clapton nuts, but most people think "yeah, that guy is rockin' "
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by SimpleMan008
Tony Iommi

I totally agree. He's not underrated because people acknowledge his influence on modern music. He's not overrated either. Iommi is awesome.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by bradshults
Lou Reed... really, it seems like all the people that hear him agree that he is awesome at the type of stuff he does. Same with Jeff Magnum form Neutral Milk Hotel. And who doesn't think David Gilmour is amazing?!?!?!

Not the most skilled guitarist, but I do think, please don't freak out on me, he was more creative with solos (in terms of composition) than Jimi Hendrix. I like Hendrix, but I'm just saying...Gilmour wasn't nearly as repetitious...and I do like Jimi Hendrix a lot.
Quote by The Madcap
Not the most skilled guitarist, but I do think, please don't freak out on me, he was more creative with solos (in terms of composition) than Jimi Hendrix. I like Hendrix, but I'm just saying...Gilmour wasn't nearly as repetitious...and I do like Jimi Hendrix a lot.

Yes I agree he wasn't/isn't the most technical guitarist but he manages to get so much emotion and so many creative ideas in his solos its just incredible.
Quote by bradshults
Yes I agree he wasn't/isn't the most technical guitarist but he manages to get so much emotion and so many creative ideas in his solos its just incredible.

"Time" is an excellent example.
Quote by bradshults

Lou Reed FTW

Quote by WinterMadness76
Just about anything that has the word "core" or "grind" in it is guaranteed to suck 100%. I think I could make better music if I held a pick between my asscheeks and strummed.

Quote by Chickenparts
WOOT!!!!!

ASSCORE!!!!!!!!