alrite, im in the market for a new distortion pedal, i have a ds-1 and an mt-2 which im trying to get rid of at the moment, and u just picked up the ds-2, the ds-2 is pretty good, but the distortion isnt tight enuff for my liking, it basically replaced my ds-1...ANYWAYS, im looking for a distortion pedal that can get a good range of hard rock tones, pop punk too....along the lines of anberlin, blink, velvet revolver, mxpx....basically a punk distortion to a hard rock distortion, slightly metal tone i guess...i was looking at the metal muff, but i think its too fuzzy from the vids on youtube ive seen...
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
Try the MXR Distortion +, very versitile. Also, the EHX Double Muff is great too, very affordable and produces a great range of sounds. I love mine
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Try out the Big Muff . I have one . Has quite a unique sound .

The Boss Blues driver also has got quite a good "distortion" ... dont let the name "blues driver" fool you . If you like clarity and awsome tone this is the pedal for you . Packs quite a punch . Most distortion type pedalls are very hazy/fuzzy/static . But if thats not the sound you want I'd try out a blues driver .

Many people decide to change distortion pedals ... but what they should actually be changing is their amp and guitar .

Our guitarist plays a Boss ME-50 Multi effect pedal through a Hughes & Ketner 100w combo type amp . To me it sounds terrible ... eer but he likes it .... but at our last stadium/festiville gig he plugged into a Marshall JCM 2000 stack and the sound that came out the pedal and amp was amazing . Made me want to go out and get a JCM 2000 ... even though I'm not a Marshall fan
ya so i picked up the sansamp gt2, i tried the metal muff and other muffs at the store...just wasnt cutting it for me, then i saw a used gt2 for 150 CND....i figure why not...nothing else was satisfying this distortion tone in my mind...then OMG literally my mind was set on this thing, its got so many settings on this little box its amazing, im glad i bought this pedal, such a versitile pedal, exactly what i was looking for!
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz