okay, so im gona feel preaty stupid after i get this one answered. is it better to buy a ood used amp or buo new amp. Besides new tubes, what are some things i would have to watch out for if i bought a used amp?

im lookin at 2 used amps, TSL601 and a DSL401. whats the dif between the Triple super lead and the double super lead? are ther 3 channels insted of 2?
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
the dsl is much better than the Tsl imo. the tsl puts out toomuch gain for the crap speaker to handle given you a very muddy sound.

Well its mainly gain. And the dsl has a boost (18dB) but I believe on the Tsl it has a volume making it like a 3rd channel. No eq tho so it kinda makes it equal to the dsl!

So what you should do is go for the dsl, and with the price difference of the Tsl get a nice celestion G12 maybe and replace the gold back and the Dsl will be a great amp!
Quote by False_God
the dsl is much better than the Tsl imo. the tsl puts out toomuch gain for the crap speaker to handle given you a very muddy sound.

Well its mainly gain. And the dsl has a boost (18dB) but I believe on the Tsl it has a volume making it like a 3rd channel. No eq tho so it kinda makes it equal to the dsl!

So what you should do is go for the dsl, and with the price difference of the Tsl get a nice celestion G12 maybe and replace the gold back and the Dsl will be a great amp!

wait the TSL has no eq? wtf? :looks at pic of TSL: ****, ur right. wtf
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
Quote by SWENCE_32
wait the TSL has no eq? wtf? :looks at pic of TSL: ****, ur right. wtf

yup. and 60 tube watts thru a **** speaker aint pretty.

So i would go with the dsl!

Also what stuff you playing anyway?