I have an accoustic, and when playing barre chords in the "A formation", I'm having trouble barring 3 strings with my 3rd finger. So is there any way to get better at this(other than practice). Ex: x57775

Also, I'm playing power chords with my 1st, 3rd, and 4th fingers. Other than my 1st finger, should I use my 3rd or 4th finger to barre the other 2 stings. Thanks!
you can use your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fingers on the D,G,and B strings, instead of barring them. i do that when the bar is lower than like the 4th fret.
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Quote by mydogpoops

Also, I'm playing power chords with my 1st, 3rd, and 4th fingers. Other than my 1st finger, should I use my 3rd or 4th finger to barre the other 2 stings. Thanks!

Thats' fine. Play power chords however they feel good too you.

I play them with my 1st and 3rd finger. I can't play them worth crap if i add my 4th finger to them.
Barres with a 5th string root sound fine when the high E isn't played. If the problem is your 3rd finger not being able to let the high E ring out, that's fine. If the trouble is with your finger not being able to barre the 3 strings at all, you'll probably get better leverage by barring strings 1 through 4 and just not playing the high E.

I don't barre all 4, but I don't play the high E anyway. Sometimes it rings out in that lame 'not really ringing out' fashion, so I just say fuggedaboutit.