Thinking of getting either a DS-1 or Keeley DS-1,
before i pay extra for the Keeley version, i'm wonder if the normal DS-1 has any advantages?

I like stuff like chili peppers, stone temple, nirvana.

Would an original DS-1 be better suited for this?

Oh also, would it be redundant getting both a Keeley DS-1 and a MT-2?
thanks
Last edited by montytown at Aug 2, 2007,
The only advantage a stock DS1 has is it's cheaper, that's it. The mods are all basically better components that improve the sound quality and cut noise.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
For Chili's and Nirvana, you're better off with a DS-2.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
It's cheaper, but really doesn't sound that good. If you want to get a DS-1 then definetely pay more to get the Keeley modded DS-1. Or you could also just spend around the price of a Keeley DS-1 and get a better pedal by a different brand that sounds good and doesn't need modding. But I'd definetely go with the Keeley one. But also you know Kurt Cobain
of Nirvana used a DS-2. You might be better off with that. But they aren't as good for stuff like Chili Peppers.
You could get a DS-1 and mod it yourself, it's not that hard.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by jman007_93
It's cheaper, but really doesn't sound that good. If you want to get a DS-1 then definetely pay more to get the Keeley modded DS-1. Or you could also just spend around the price of a Keeley DS-1 and get a better pedal by a different brand that sounds good and doesn't need modding. But I'd definetely go with the Keeley one. But also you know Kurt Cobain
of Nirvana used a DS-2. You might be better off with that. But they aren't as good for stuff like Chili Peppers.

They are. John uses both a Muff and a DS-2. He's now got rid of the Muff, and is using a Muff'n.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild