Hey guys, im looking for a good distortion pedal. I play in a ska/punk band and I need something warm. For my references, im looking for something in the field of Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, also some punk. I need something warm, but wit ha little attack, I am the only guitar in my band.

Im using a Marshall50DFX. Not the best touring amp mind you... :P
I'd say a boss DS-1 would suit you fine, its the bog standard distortion pedal. though to be honest, you're not gonna get any good sound out of that amp. you're gonna need a nicer amp to play that stuff, how much cash could you scrape together?
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
I'd say a boss DS-1 would suit you fine, its the bog standard distortion pedal. though to be honest, you're not gonna get any good sound out of that amp. you're gonna need a nicer amp to play that stuff, how much cash could you scrape together?

$210.00 now >.<. What do you recommend? My friend is selling a hot rod deluxe? For $270.00. Barely used.
Yes to the Hot Rod! It can get you those sprakly ska cleans. Then get a DS-1, it's a pretty decent distortion pedal.
get it... thats a fantastic amp, especially at that price. you reckon your friend would let you have the amp for $210 now if you gave them the rest later?

the fender is a great amp, and has an ok drive channel, that with an overdrive such as the (cheap) boss sd-1 or digitech bad monkey or (more expensive) maxon or ibanez tubescreamers will sound great for ska, and will work well for punk too.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Not if I go to sell the MG, how much is the max do you think?? 75? 100? The thing did cost me about 275 and I had it for 3 and a half years. It has a couple of small nicks in it, but nothing eye opening. Everything works fine. Just got it a power cable also.