ive got an epiphone dot studio and i want to change the bridge pickup from the pickup it came with. Ive looked at seymour duncans invader pickup, and ive also looked at bare knuckles nailbomb pickup.

Im looking for an '' in your face'' sound that will sound amazing with distortion but also sound ok with cleans although ill mostly be using it for distortion.

If it helps ive been playing for 2 years and play punk/metal. Ive got a marshall dsl401 and am just starting to gig regually.

cheers in advance.
Hmm, I wouldn't think a semi-hollow would be good for that kind of high-gain--especially if that'll be its main function. Ever think of getting a second guitar?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
yeah ive got a few lol. I was hoping to use it for that kind of style because i looked around before buying it and was told that it would be fine. What would happen if i did put one on there.....
hollowbody + metal = baaaaaad
waaaaaaaay too much feedback when you turn up the gain

though I see a couple of people use them for punk, but again, thats not really an area where you need tons and tons output and a more average pickup will do fine
Semi-hollows don't go well with hi-output pickups. You may increase your feedback potential to unmanagable.
lol, ok ive turned up the gain to 10 with the pickups ive got on there at the moment and i dont get any feedback. Do you think that just a good pickup will suit me well, im really looking for somthing that people arent going to be able to get away from. a kinda guitar sound that sounds great i guess (i cant really describe it) does any1 have any makes of pickups or models i can try that you think would work well.

thanks
The hottest pickup I would try would be a Gibson 57. They are a bit overpriced.
Quote by starvethepoor
lol, ok ive turned up the gain to 10 with the pickups ive got on there at the moment and i dont get any feedback. Do you think that just a good pickup will suit me well, im really looking for somthing that people arent going to be able to get away from. a kinda guitar sound that sounds great i guess (i cant really describe it) does any1 have any makes of pickups or models i can try that you think would work well.

thanks

If you want to give your hollowbody a bit more bite your best bet is probably a pair of Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Probably not what you're looking for, that's a relatively low output, sweet-sounding pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com