Hey I'm looking for a 1986-1992 Metallica kind of thrash sound, if any one could help me out? My budget is about £300 (Roughly US $605) and I need to know if any one has any pedals or pickups I should use. My current pickups are EMG 81, SA and a 60 played through a Marshall AVT100, with an Ibanez RG which then has too many vowels to be prounecable. Thanks.
you'll probably want an od/distortion pedal, as for which one you could probably look up settings for each pedal on the internet
your pickups are fine

save up some more, ditch the AVT and buy some sort Mesa Boogie Mark series (you can get a used Mark III or Mark IV for about $900)

a guitar with EMGs + that amp is more or less what Metallica used for that period
Either save up loads for a Mesa amp or get a EHX Metal Muff pedal. With the tone on the amp/pedal have the gain at about 9, bass 8, treble 7 and mids at 2-3
ohai little sig.
Volume - Whatever. Higher's better, though.
Gain - 10
Bass - 10
Mids - 0
Treble - 10
Reverb - 0

Perfect Metallica amp setting. You don't even need a distortion.
Mesa MkIV plus EMGs is pretty much Metallica in a tin.

Unfortunately you aren't gonna get that for £300.

Either save up a fortune for a Mesa (Yanks: Mesas cost a ****ing fortune here, get that into your brains!!!), or just do your best with your amp settings.

Personally I'd just cope for now and save up to get a really decent amp. There's not really much else you can do now that wouldn't be simply a bodge job, IMO.
Line 6 Flextone III.

It has Mesa and Marshall models onboard. It's about the only way you're going to get a Metallica sound out of $600 US.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Vermintide
Mesa MkIV plus EMGs is pretty much Metallica in a tin.

Unfortunately you aren't gonna get that for £300.

Either save up a fortune for a Mesa (Yanks: Mesas cost a ****ing fortune here, get that into your brains!!!), or just do your best with your amp settings.

Personally I'd just cope for now and save up to get a really decent amp. There's not really much else you can do now that wouldn't be simply a bodge job, IMO.

They aren't exactly pocket change here, either.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Thanks guys, I was considering a Mesa Boogie at first but when they reach £900 and up here, it's pretty freaking difficult. P.S DaddyTwoFoot, the thing that shoul not be IS in Drop D, I have the tab book.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
They aren't exactly pocket change here, either.

yeah, they are expensive as ****!
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb