I need to the basic's I need to learn to become a good guitar player?

Links are welcome
Last edited by Dahlström at Aug 2, 2007,
just learn scales chords and songs practice your scales exsessively if you want to be a lead guitarist. Practice power chords excessively if you want to be a rythym guitarist.

Edit: get a good book for learning it from a stoere that sells them. I recommend mel bays gutar books, they are what I used when I was juust beginning.
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~

"Idiot"
Last edited by ylwmattrcustrd at Aug 2, 2007,
Learn what chords are called too. Its so annoying tring to get a guy to play something when he only knows tabs.
Quote by ylwmattrcustrd
just learn scales chords and songs practice your scales exsessively if you want to be a lead guitarist. Practice power chords excessively if you want to be a rythym guitarist.

Edit: get a good book for learning it from a stoere that sells them. I recommend mel bays gutar books, they are what I used when I was juust beginning.

And you are really good now I hope?
power chord FTW and also know how to guitar is tuned, say every 5th fret is the same one string down open (except the 2nd string) it helps
|----------------------0--|
|----------------------0--|
|-------------------------|
|--2----------2-----------|
|-----2----4-----4-4------|
|--------0----------------|

Just a little "Spanish Sastle Magic"
Quote by koikomoru
www.google.com

do some research.
Probably the best link you'll get, really. I found this site, guitarnoise (good beginner's lessons/songs), chordbook (good place for you to learn chords), cyberfret, etc... all on google.

The best advice I can give as a fellow beginner is to keep it basic and slowly build up your skill rather than skipping ahead. It will take a while, but skipping steps slows you down in the long run and could result in catastrophic failure. Practice on your weaknesses, like in my case my pinky and stretching a lot of frets.

A lot of people who post here who have been playing for a year or longer and still can't play a song are people who tried to get ahead of themselves. Mastering an instrument is a life-long pursuit.
Get yourself a guitar tab software.. try guitar-pro.. u can find (i think) all the chords there.. plus u can play with the fretboard..
If you've never played the guitar before, learn the basic open chords first (C,D,E,G,A and it's minor respectives). Practice them so that you can switch between any of them effortlessly.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Best thing to do is concentrate on it. I'v been playing for a bit but havnt had any lessons, barely practice so am a very casual player and im more or less utter crap.