exactly what the thread name says, what do they mean?

i know when it is tapped harmonics the number is where you tap but on artificial harmonics what does the letter under the note mean?

also (i am still confused by this) what is the difference between artificial harmonics and pich harmonics?

and last, what is a semi harmonic?
That is the note pitch...A, B, C, D etc.

Pinch harmonics are the ones with the pick...artificial ones are "moving your 12 fret up" eg. there is a natural at 12th fret, if you fret the 1st fret, theres is now an "artificial" harmonic at 13th fret. (Other people may use artificial and pinch for the same type of harmonic, they are wrong.)

A semi harmonic is half the pitch of the harmonic and half the pitch of the normal note sounding.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Aug 2, 2007,
Quote by Dance_of_Death
wait so for the note pitch, if it says for example "10 on the g string in the pitch of C" whould i just fret the 10 and pick the 22 fret?

also how would i go about playing a semi harmonic?

Well, you have to know your pitches very well...find your sweet spots for the harmonics and see which is in the pitch of C.

Semi harmonics are more of chance...just pick like you would for a pinch harmonic but don't dig right in, do it loosely, if you know what I mean. This means you hear the harmonic and original fretted note you played at the same time.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010