So on my search for an amp today i stumbled into Guitar Center. Sitting down i picked up a few strats and went to the Classic 30, impressed, but i tried some others.

Picked up a Fender Deluxe Players strat, plugged into a Blues Deville, before even turning the power on the amp i realised how perfect the strat was, the neck fit my hand very nice, the finish was great, and it was tuned perfectly! ( at Guitar Center? no way!)

This strat sounded so great, the amp sounded so great, but then realised it was far (far) too loud. So i plugged into the special edition Blues Junior (tweed with Jenson speaker). Sounded so nice, i played on that setup for like an hour, then came to a decesion:

work for a few weeks (i have a day job plus next week i start working with a sound company, mainly setting up and tearing down) so i'll be getting money from both those, i'll sell my guitar, buy the strat and keep my uncles Ampeg longer. Then when its the right time i'll try and score one of the Blues Juniors off ebay.

the only thing i'm worried about is clean headroom, i like to play loud and clean, i have a Fulldrive being delivered to me as we speak for my OD.

comments?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Aug 2, 2007,
at this store by where i live i can get a blues jr for 350, sooo cheap
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I played the regular Blues Jr. today and i much preffered the sound of the limited edition one. Is it worth the extra cash? doubt it, but it sure sounds better.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^how much more is it than the other one?

Also, the Blues Junior gets fairly loud when its clean. With single coils, you can get the master all the way up and the volume to roughly 4-4.5 before any significant breakup with the FAT switch on.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
the upgraded one is like 570 i believe, the only reason i'm doubting that one is because i can get a Blues Deluxe for the same price, but i've heard horror stories with the the buzz some people get with the Deluxe.
I wouldn't buy the upgraded one then. If you don't need the volume, don't get the Deluxe, it will not sound as good at bedroom volumes. I'd spend $100 on a Weber Speaker (plus S+H) and save the $50-$70, and put that into the normal BJ. The speaker is the only upgrade.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Find a used Deluxe Reverb. Blows away the BJ and the BD. It's 22W, so it's capable of bedroom playing as well as gigging. It also has plenty of clean headroom. Stays clean up to 7 or so on the volume. The tone is to die for, and the reverb is succulent.

I got a steal, but I've seen them in the $500 range. It's still a great buy at that number.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Find a used Deluxe Reverb. Blows away the BJ and the BD. It's 22W, so it's capable of bedroom playing as well as gigging. It also has plenty of clean headroom. Stays clean up to 7 or so on the volume. The tone is to die for, and the reverb is succulent.

I got a steal, but I've seen them in the $500 range. It's still a great buy at that number.

The DR came to mind, they didnt have one at my GC so i forgot to mention it, i'm definetely interested in that.

But man, i havent played very many strats so excuse the surprise, but this Deluxe Players strat was absolutely fantastic, i'm so getting one of those and ditching my current guitar.
Quote by igotabcrich32
But man, i havent played very many strats so excuse the surprise, but this Deluxe Players strat was absolutely fantastic, i'm so getting one of those and ditching my current guitar.

That's the top of the line MIM model, right? I liked that one better than the HWY1's.

But, again, you should look around for used guitars, too. I see Strats all the time selling for under $400. Or MIJ/MIA models below $700. I bought my Strat new, and it's great, but I kinda wish I went used. I like saving money, but I also like the vibe of used instruments.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah its an MIM, i spent over an hour trying out the MIM standards to find one i liked but none of them felt right, the second i picked up the DP i knew it was good.

I can tell you, my wallet would much rather see me go used, but there was something about that one guitar that just felt so amazing.
get a used MIA strat, or MIJ!

But if you like the DP then by all means get it!

And I played the Special Edition blues junior! the Jenson really makes the amp! but imo a bit over priced!
^ If it feels good, do it!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.