if there is already a thread on this, direct me to it now.

-i have a windows xp.

i recently downloaded wave pad, and recently got sick of it.
i went on a uninstalling "rampage" if you will, and accidentally
deleted my sound device which lets me hear completely no sound what so ever from my speakers.
i already tried syestem restore and search for all of my back up disks and i couldnt find anything.
the syestem restore did not work.
so before i spend money on the "geek squad" im turing to my last resot, sadly, the pit.
so if somebody could help me with this problem and direct me where to download a new sound device, thatd be greatly appreciated =]
-and i think the program i deleted was called "soundMax" but im not postive.
Go to your hardware devices and look for your soundcard. Go to the properties and look to get a driver update. If it was a driver that you uninstalled, then you can get it back by driver update. If it was an actual program, you're f*cked.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Alt+F4^
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Last time i got my PC back from being fixed i had the same problem, i just googled sound drivers and downloaded a brand new one from somewhere.
Quote by darkstar2466
Go to your hardware devices and look for your soundcard. Go to the properties and look to get a driver update. If it was a driver that you uninstalled, then you can get it back by driver update. If it was an actual program, you're f*cked.

where would i find this "driver update"
you speak of?
Quote by x8blitzkid8x
where would i find this "driver update"
you speak of?

windows will look for a driver on the internet when you press the driver update button. while it may not replace some of the software for the card, it should find a driver that works, more or less.
Quote by MightyAl
windows will look for a driver on the internet when you press the driver update button. while it may not replace some of the software for the card, it should find a driver that works, more or less.

i feel dumb but where is the driver update button located?
start button -> settings -> control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager -> sound, video and game controllers
is usually where your sound card will be. There are a few things there usually, but it;s not hard to work out which is which. You can either double click on the device, and select the 'driver' tab from the window that opens, or rightclick it and select 'driver' from the popup menu. The 'update driver' button should be fairly obvious.
Quote by MightyAl
start button -> settings -> control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager -> sound, video and game controllers
is usually where your sound card will be. There are a few things there usually, but it;s not hard to work out which is which. You can either double click on the device, and select the 'driver' tab from the window that opens, or rightclick it and select 'driver' from the popup menu. The 'update driver' button should be fairly obvious.

ah thank you.
i cant hear anything still but atleast you tried =]
does anyone know how much a new sound card would cost?
or how much of a hassle it would be to put it in?
A new soundcard can be anywhere from 10 bucks to a 100 bucks. Depends on what quality you want. Installing it in a PC is a very simple deal. Just pull out the old one and put in the new one and your computer should automatically install drivers for it.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
ah gotcha.
im still not exaclty sure on what i did but i windows isnt updating it for me but i think i deleted the sound driver, soundmax and my mom's not to happy so i gues son saturday im taking my computer into best buy and hoping they can solve it.
now how do i permantly delete teh p0rnz?
You can't really permanently delete it until the OS overwrites the clusters it was written on. Probably the best thing to do would be to empty your cache and history, and then uninstall the browser.
Don't take it to computer repair. They will charge you up the butt. It's best to fix things yourself because that way you will get some knowledge out of it, as well saving some hard-earned cash that the repair people want to cheat out of you.

Delete t3h pr0nz from your internet history you ask? First, go to the options and delete history from there. Then delete all temporary internet files and cookies. No one will know what you have been up to... unless.... if there's a KEYLOGGER! Then you're f*cked.

P.S. I'm enjoying a rather nice cup of Hazelnut coffee, complemented with those round Hazelnut filled wafers. Delicious sh*t, you guys need to try it.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
hahhaha, i was just kidding about teh pr0nz.
but i found the audio driver, i downloaded it and then it said something like
"Driver not found! reboot your syestem and try setup again"
so i guess i'll do that and hope for the ebst.
No. Reboot = Restart.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Just go buy a replacement sound card. It costs 20 bucks. Better than paying the minimum $50 to Best Buy.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Watching the first 20 seconds, I can assure you that guy is a retard. I repeat, a RETARD. Wow, he pulled out the whole motherboard. First, you don't try to pull out your soundcard by reaching in some cramped place and trying to look for it in the dark. Pull out all the wires from your computer, unscrew the plate where there's plenty of light, identify the soundcard, pull it out and put the new one in. Kindergarteners can do it nowadays. I'm sure you can manage it.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie