Im trying to break out of my usual licks and the pentatonic 5 positions..are you able to use the according pentatonic scales based on the root 3rd and 5th of the key..eg If you were jamming in Aminor ...root- Aminor and its 5 shapes, Cminor being the 3rd or E minor being the 5th and their according 5 shapes?.

Basically i need a practical way of breaking out of the 5 shapes without having to learn lots of scale theory because im retarded.

anyone know the answer to this?. thanks for the advice previously but i just need this specific question answered.
Last edited by ElephantTalk at Aug 4, 2007,
if i were you, although you are lazy, learn more stuff. pentatonic is okay, but eventually it gets old. learn at least major and minors. from there you can play in different modes and your music is funner to play and much more interesting. also, some harmonic minor is never bad to know.
learn to follow the chords, arpeggiate the notes in the chord that is being played.
epic7734
After I learned the pentatonics I learned the major and minor scales, they still have the 5 basics box shapes that you learned only with alot of added notes. So if your as lazy as me just learn the box shapes of major and minor. Oh and if you want to do what epic suggested then watch melodic control by Marty Friedman on google video.
Im trying to break out of my usual licks and the pentatonic 5 positions..are you able to use the according pentatonic scales based on the root 3rd and 5th of the key..eg If you were jamming in Aminor ...root- Aminor and its 5 shapes, Cminor being the 3rd or E minor being the 5th and their according 5 shapes?.

Basically i need a practical way of breaking out of the 5 shapes without having to learn lots of scale theory because im retarded.

anyone know the answer to this?. thanks for the advice previously but i just need this specific question answered.