is this any good for the price? its pretty cheap but all tube. i think i can get my mom to buy me this and i will buy a cab. is there nay 4x12 that sound OK that are cheaper then the windsor cab? i play classic rock, hard rock, and blues but also love cleans.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
While I haven't plugged one in and played through it, I can tell you that the local Musicians Friend Clearance Center always has several of them that customers have returned. They are only one channel as well which depending on how you are setup may or may not be ideal for playing live.
Its a great amp for the pice and should do you fine for your styles! Also dont get a 4x12 cab! Get a good 2x12 cab. Avater cabs are cheap and good!

Well seeing as its a one channel amp, crystal cleans arent gonna be too available!
Of course rolling down volume on guitar will get you somewhat clean! Still decent cleans!

Are you giggin or just home use?
It's a great classic/hard rock amp for the price, not so much for blues and cleans, though. Any particular reason you feel you need a 120W all tube halfstack? When you play a stadium, they generally mic you up, anyway.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
It's a great classic/hard rock amp for the price, not so much for blues and cleans, though. Any particular reason you feel you need a 120W all tube halfstack? When you play a stadium, they generally mic you up, anyway.

agreed. it's good for about half the stuff you want to play, but for the other half...

i dunno, i suspect you could get a traynor ycv50 blue for the same price as the peavey windsor halfstack (haven't tried the 50, the other traynors i have tried are nice though), or failing that a peavey classic series...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?