Hey guys, I have been playing guitar for about 5 months now, and i have a nasty habit of keeping my pinky behind the neck. Any suggestions to help keep it in front?

thanks
wrong forum, but to be helpful, maybe just in your spare time stretch it out upwards? ive never heard of that problem.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
I used to do that, too, and I don't think it's terribly uncommon. First off, just start using it more, to get used to having it in front of the fretboard. And second, just kind of be conscious of it while you're playing, and remember to keep it out. Eventually, you'll just get used to having it out, and it'll feel natural to you.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
fix the bad habbit now. or else later on it will be even harder to learn to keep it forward. good luck.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
wtf? you put your pinky behind the neck? advice? play the bass or drums
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by TOcheesehead
wrong forum, but to be helpful, maybe just in your spare time stretch it out upwards? ive never heard of that problem.

yea. I thought this would be the wrong forum lol.

Its not like my pinky is behind the neck really, but I kinda keep it bend near the bottom of the neck
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...