IM looking for a good overdrive pedal for my blues junior, Im going for a bluesy tone and something that would be good for a booster.The one i had in mind was a BBe Green Screamer, does anyone have any opinions s on this one.

I would like to find a pedal that has a true bypass, so if you guys have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by flamingstrat. at Aug 5, 2007,
the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive is truly the greatest OD pedal around. I'm not sure if it has true bypass though.

edit: here's a link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-Jekyll-Hyde-Ultimate-Overdrive?sku=151681
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Last edited by civildp1 at Aug 2, 2007,
u could try the Jekyll and Hyde od/distortion, which i hear is good. the strokes use it in their recordings, and it sounds great. but thats thru some Fender amps. i think it would work. if u like heavier stuff, try the Zakk wylde od.
Fulltone OCD. True bypass, fantastic overdrive. If you want a very Eric Clapton tone (bassy) as opposed to a SRV tone (Treble and Mids), that's exactly the pedal for you.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
il second the OCD.

you might wanna check out a boosta grande as well
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
TS9 is good for bluesy SRV kinda stuff, i run mine through a blues deluxe and its amazing
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
I might check out the fulltone, someone on craigslist has one for $100. No one has any opinions on the Green screamer?
Is the first edition OCD good, the one with the white nobs?
Last edited by flamingstrat. at Aug 2, 2007,
Hmm those are good suggestions, does guitar center carry visual sound pedals? So0metimes I don't know what they have because most of the stuff they have out is Boss and Digitech.
They should. The one around here carries so many, even some fulltone pedals. You just gotta look around next to the boss and digitech ones.

Yeah, fulltone OCD or Jekyll and Hyde are my two suggestions, even though they have been said.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I have an opinion on the BBE Green Screamer. I have played it a lot and love it. It's based on a TS-808, but it's about 250 USD cheaper (and it is true bypass). I really like the sound of it on a clean channel or on an overdriven channel. It's got the ability to help you really nail an SRV tone, if that's what you want it to do. As soon as I get the $$$, I'm going to buy it and use it to either boost or dirty my tone on my JCM.
Proud owner of a Marshall JCM 800 2204 MK II

Colonel of the Megadeth Military

PM BlackicN to join/get ranking
How versatile is the J&H if it can handle Metal well and also sound like a ts808 it would be a pretty good investment in the long run right? ,wait anyone know if it has true bypass though.
what kind of music are you gonna play?

for blues, classic rock, you wouldn't need one. or just get an EHX LPB or make one urself. if u play metal though, J&H would probably be one of the best bets, but u might wanna invest on another amp in the long run.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well im pretty much looking for a amp that I can use in my bedroom and perhaps be used when jamming with other people, How does the peavy classic 30 or Blues Deluxe reissue sound?
i a/b'd a tubscreamer deluxe and an mxr distortion+ at guitar center before with a mexican fat strat and a blues jr. both sounded amazing.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

In response to the OCD v1.

It's all preference, really.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^yup. the 3 versions are just about preference. and yes get the OCD. true bypass as opposed to the poor visual sound bypasses.