Alright. So when I bought my Gibson Les Paul Studio, they gave me a case. This LP case has a combination lock on it. When they give it to you, it is set to 0-0-0. Now, I read the instructions, and attempted to reset it to 5-4-6. I did. It doesn't open. I tried a couples numbers off on each number in each direction and it wont open. I tried 0-0-0 again, and a couple numbers off in each direction on there too. THe thing wont budge. It feels like it's jammed or something. Does anyone know how to get it open? Or have any ideas on how to get it open? It really sucks because the guitar is still in it

Thanks for any help.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
locksmith, or a circular saw
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
When i bought my sg(it comes in an LP case too) a week ago or so, the guy warned me that they were a pain in the a$$ if you screw up the combination and to just to leave it at 000. They said if you screw up the combo and cant get it to open they have to take the entire lock off of the case.
Maybe, just to the 'Paul out, you could take a screwdriver/drill on reverse and unscrew the latches or anything else that can be unscrewed. It worked w/ my buds '70s Fender Case.
.......(_____)
.........( V )
../l-------\/
./ l 666 ll
.- ll.....ll

Evil Cow

I lurk, almost never log in, and like Hank Marvin and the Shadows.
I say just rip out the lock, sounds like more of a hassle than anything else
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by LimoZeen
Maybe, just to the 'Paul out, you could take a screwdriver/drill on reverse and unscrew the latches or anything else that can be unscrewed. It worked w/ my buds '70s Fender Case.

Yeah. As for sorting out the code...well...I guess more fiddling is required. Maybe there's a better tutorial out there?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Dude you pwned yourself. perhaps you dodnt move the switch thingy over and accidentally set it to something else. I think the only options would end up leaving the case ruined. but I guess tale it to a locksmith.
Lol, well. I just stumbled upon the sheet that showed me how to lock it, and I thought, "hey, I'll change the lock so it's not 0-0-0". So I did. Now I don't even know what it is.

I may ask the guy that works at the hardware store I work at if he would be able to get it. If not, I'll have to get it off myself. It wasn't a hassle at all either, really. Just flip up all the other latches, and push the button sideways on that one.

Gah! My beautiful Alpine White Les Paul is stuck in that case and I get get him out! I'll get you out of there baby! Don't you worry!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
Lol, well. I just stumbled upon the sheet that showed me how to lock it, and I thought, "hey, I'll change the lock so it's not 0-0-0". So I did. Now I don't even know what it is.

I may ask the guy that works at the hardware store I work at if he would be able to get it. If not, I'll have to get it off myself. It wasn't a hassle at all either, really. Just flip up all the other latches, and push the button sideways on that one.

Gah! My beautiful Alpine White Les Paul is stuck in that case and I get get him out! I'll get you out of there baby! Don't you worry!

Thanks for the replies guys.

That's what YOU think.

Your baby is slowly running out of oxygen....I'm sorry.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Well, one time I bought a master lock and my brother reset it and dint know what it was, so we made him sit there for the hour and find out what thhe combination was.

I mean, theres only a few thousand possibilities. Try it.

Sucks though, my guitar case is just a regular key lock.
my SG came with a case that had one of those combo locks and you should have done just like i'm doing...leave the damn thing alone,hell the little red tab is still in mine because i know if i mess with it,i'll end up in the same situation you're in right now,but anyway just pry the damn thing open,no matter what its gonna get ruined in some way if you try it yourself
Go through from 000 to 999. I mean its three digits not four so it can't take that long. You can probably try 1 every two secs then it'd take 1000x2=2000secs=~33 mins. It'll be open in about half an hour it'll be much easier than trying to break it open not to mention you'll risk damaging your guitar if it's inside.

I tried to set my lock but it ended up being 000 somehow lol.

EDIT:Just to double check, you DO know that you're supposed to move the lock sideways right? You'll never open it if you're pressing it like a button.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Last edited by KazVH100R at Aug 3, 2007,
sighh...damn your life sucks dude
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
jesus you guys it's not that big of a deal, TS, as said, just go through all the combos while watching TV or something, it won't take long, also try all the possible permutations of the numbers you put it that you could've messed up.

My combo is 666
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I think the problem is that I jammed the button, though. I did manage to get the guitar out by unscreweing the top latch and opening it. But the bottom part is screwed in, but has a plate over each screw that I can't get off. I can just leave the top dangling all the time, but that'd look silly.

I'll keep trying to get it undone. Worst comes to worst, I pry it off or something.

Thanks for the replies again.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
I think the problem is that I jammed the button, though. I did manage to get the guitar out by unscreweing the top latch and opening it. But the bottom part is screwed in, but has a plate over each screw that I can't get off. I can just leave the top dangling all the time, but that'd look silly.

I'll keep trying to get it undone. Worst comes to worst, I pry it off or something.

Thanks for the replies again.

You've jammed the button? I call faulty case if that's happened. Could always get it changed saying it jammed like the day after you had it.

Anyways, if the button isn't jammed just sit there and go through all the numbers till you open it. It won't take that long, less than an hour.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

The problem with faulty case is... I bought it about 2 hours away. My parents wont drive me.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
The problem with faulty case is... I bought it about 2 hours away. My parents wont drive me.

Hmm, any chance of emailing them in advance to make sure they'd change it, then going on the train or something?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Well, I could e-mail them.

I think what i might do is see if I can order a lock in the same size as that from the hardware store I work at, and see if I can get the old one off, first. I can just get one with a hole for a padlock, and it'd be a little better I suppose?

Quote by RadioHead22