Page 1 of 7
PICS ON PAGE 6, 7 AND 10

Total Redo On The Colour, Now Gloss White, AND this build is officially active again!

EDIT! July 28th!

This build is active. I have started to paint and everything is back on track.

Specs

Wood (lol) :

Alder body

Maple Neck (24 frets)

Maple Fret Board

Hardware (All Black) :

Licensed Floyd Rose Fastloader (from GFS)

2 Humbuckers (GFS)

1 vol, 1 tone (both 500K)

Locking Tuners (cause the locking nut doesn't fit on my neck)

Finish:

Gloss White with High Gloss clear coat (work in progress as of April 21st)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jul 28, 2008,
mine is simlar to that, but quilted maple and an ibanez headstock, looks like it shall be an awesome build

you should get an OFR, more props and OFR last longer
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Last edited by senor_penguin at Aug 2, 2007,
Cherry Sunburst, that would look sexy or a shade of red that is dark but not too dark
Sweet thanks guys! Please keep the replies coming. I want like 5 pages of everyones ideas! No matter how crazy or stupid you think they are, I want to hear them!

And a dark red would look amazing with black hardware!

And if I can find an OFR cheap then for sure. What do they usually go for?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Ya, but I want to show off the maple cap's figure. Maybe a glossy black bursting into deep red fading to and amberish then clear. Sort of like 3 colour strat burst.

Or maybe I'll do the back in a really high gloss black. Thanks man, keep it coming.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Black Cherry With Black Hardware@!!!!!!

edit:
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I hope the 24 fret neck you bought will work with you body.
^ Ya so do I. There were no exact measurements, but the body has a square neck pocket, and the neck has a square heel. But hey, they were mad cheap so I figure if the don't fit, I can custom make eachothers counterpart.

^^ WOW! that is sweeeet! I really like that look. I don't like the Zebra pickups though....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Last edited by Øttər at Nov 3, 2007,
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Now that is an amazing guitar. I like the idea of brighter or more vivid colour, because the guitar I have now disappears when the lights go off.

Its black pickguard on black paint, black pickups, ebony fretboard, black headstock, black chrome knobs, black strings..... wow....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I personally think something with brown will be your best bet. Definately a burst.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Well OFRs are quite expensive, but I've seen them at $170. I'll post the link if you want.
It's $170 for chrome, $180 for black and $200 for gold.
If you've only got those 2 holes drilled already and don't want to do more of them, you could always use concentric pots and still keep the vol/vol/tone/tone config.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I've actually heard that the LFRs at GF aren't bad- they have nice, hard knife edges, which is what really counts.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Jmag that is an awesome idea, thank you, I didn't even think of that! Concentric pots sound great. However I do really like the look of 4 control knobs. We'll see how it goes.

Will, I really did like the idea of a tobacco burst or something, but this is my first time I really have no experience with painting. If I can get a good how to or something than it might just be the way to go.

Tubaboy, I was looking at those LFR's from guitarfetish, and I think they look great. It would also be handy to get everything from one place at one time because I live in Canada and shipping is expensive. In fact most good quality companies don't even ship to Canada.

Thanks everyone, keep the ideas coming. Especially Will, cause I like your colour choice.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Thats a nice colour.

Pickups... no idea. The body is routed for 2 humbuckers, and thats about all my plans are. As I've said before, I need everyones help on every aspect of this guitar, from the colour to the hardware to what length my fingernails ought to be when I play it, k? Everyones ideas are worth something, so please post them here.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Good question, I'm glad you asked. I play alot of rock like Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, classic rock stuff, some metalica type stuff, alot of prog metal like tool, some RATM, and I'm really into improvisation with blues and pentatonic scale and all that.

I need something I can palm mute, bend, trill, slide, rock out with. I need a whammy bar, but I want it to stay in tune when I dive bomb it. I need strings light enough to be fast with, but heavy enough to palm mute with that meaty wall of sound. I want to play the blues, metal, rock and everything in between. I want a McFricken Sweeet guitar.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Sounds like a deal man! I'll get some other opinions, but I like GFS.

EDIT

COME ON PEOPLE! The body and neck arrive next week, I need your input! Keep this project alive! Home pics soon, I promise.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Last edited by Øttər at Aug 3, 2007,
go with some dimarzios, maybe a fred and air norton combo
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Umm... For strings some makers sell .0095 guage strings.

As for pickups, some nice PAFs would work splendidly.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

KISIKAE! YAY!

Here are some possible designs/configs/colours!

1: Translucent dark red, LFR trem, EMG 81/85, Tone/Vol/3 way switch

2: Bright White, same hardware

3: Tobacco/Honey Brownish burst, same hardware

4: Natural Finish, Clearcoat Only, same hardware

Right now, it's about the colour, so any input on these three images would be great. I'll decide on the hardware once I know what it's going to look like.

Happy posting,
Ryan
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Dragonburst!

Seriously that's a great colour, someone on here has a drgaonburst guitar and when I saw it i fell in love with it, it's green on the inside and blue on the outside I think, but it may look better with quilt rather than flame, if not how about a green or blue on their own?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Punk Ninja, dragon burst sounds absolutely wicked sick! However, this being my first build and paint, I want to stick to something simple. Great idea, and definitely a future possibility. Thanks!

dx466, I really love the honey burst, but the white just didn't work for me. That Caribbean burst melted of my face in beauty, but I don't think the wood I've ordered has the figure to pull it off. How much is that bass body, by the way, it's so sweet I just might get it.

Will, I like the style, very warm colours, but I only like gold hardware with black or white bodies. I like the 2 colour early Fender style sunburst though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Oh man, a 2 tone burst would be kickass.

If you're gonna do a 2-tone with chrome hardware, go for a covered chrome humbucker in the neck and a zebra in the bridge. It's the most rock n roll combination ever.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Totally.

But I think I have my hardware list decided.

hot PAF Hex humbuckers
LFR Fastloader locking trem system
Wilkinson EZ-LOK locking tuners
Flat Top knurled control knobs
USA style toggle switch
Oval jackplate
butterfly string trees

Colour will be all natural, just a bunch of clearcoat I think. But anyone here could change my mind!!!!

All black, all from guitar fetish. If I missed anything other than the wiring, please let me know. I'm waiting on exact measurements before I order, but this should be what goes on the guitar.

Please don't take this as a "My mind is made up" thing. I am still hugely open to anyones ideas for absolutely anything about this guitar. So keep to chit chat coming guys.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Totally.

But I think I have my hardware list decided.

hot PAF Hex humbuckers
LFR Fastloader locking trem system
Wilkinson EZ-LOK locking tuners
Flat Top knurled control knobs
USA style toggle switch
Oval jackplate
butterfly string trees

Colour will be all natural, just a bunch of clearcoat I think. But anyone here could change my mind!!!!

All black, all from guitar fetish. If I missed anything other than the wiring, please let me know. I'm waiting on exact measurements before I order, but this should be what goes on the guitar.

Please don't take this as a "My mind is made up" thing. I am still hugely open to anyones ideas for absolutely anything about this guitar. So keep to chit chat coming guys.

strap locks?

you should make a cool design on it
I think the GFS Crunchy PAF in the bridge (zebra, black, or chrome) and the Vintage 59 in the neck (chrome) would look really great. All black would also work. So would a Vintage 59 in the bridge. A Bigmouth or Loudmouth in the bridge would totally kick ass, I might add.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Definitely! I get the pieces sometime next week I think, so then I'll really set things in motion
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
you're gonna have to tell us how that floyd is
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Oh for sure. I can't wait to get started, and in KISEKAE I've drawn up some colour choices with my decided hardware.

Top: Here is what I hope it should like with just clearcoat. I might paint the back solid cream, or black. I've seen that done on a few warmoth bodies. I really like this one, and I might do it.

Bottom: Is this what the dragon burst is like? I really like it, but I don't think it's right for this guitar. I want to go for a very natural, classy look that doesn't scream at you with bright colours or flashy chrome.

Top: I had to do a two tone burst, black to red to natural or maybe a very light amber in the middle. Everyone tries a sun burst on KISEKAE, and don't say you haven't. I like it, but it's too... "Done before". There are so many custom Strats that are sunburst. Not that I don't love how it looks, but I want something different I think.

Bottom: This is look I absolutely love! I'm not sure how to do it though. I believe you apply black stain to the whole thing, then sand down the raised parts very lightly, revealing natural wood. Then you cover the whole thing in the colour of your choice, mine would be a deep red or black cherry. I'm not sure if this is the correct method, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Finally, a tobacco burst. This just jumps at me screaming "If god played guitar,his would be this colour". Maybe I'm the only one who feels this... Anyway I would do a tobacco brown around the edge and then it would just fade to natural. Agian with this I may do solid cream back, or maybe solid tobacco brown.

Well there they are. I beg anyone with pictures or anything related to this please post! Tutorials, pictures, KISEKAE designs, absolutely anything, I want to hear or see it!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
HMmm someone here is a Quo Vadis fan!!

I'd go with either the Dragonburst or the dark red guitar in your post. Maybe a swirl would be cool, similar to Jackson's Eerie Dess Swirl, might be hard to pull off though.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=guitar&base_pid=511668&index=0
Gamer that's great! I secretly need someone to check on this thread at least half as much as I do! What a killer deal hey? You could NEVER get a routed body that cheap on warmoth, never mind maple capped as well.

Uh.. Quo Vadis...? Never heard of them, sorry.
That swirl is sick! How do they do that? I imagine it's a little more complicated than stencils, right? Also I've been thinking of scalloping the inside of the horns.. or whatever it is, you know like on the jackson in the picture. Except I'm not sure how this the maple cap is, or if it's just a veneer.

Check out THIS bad boy, I'm really being pulled to a finish like this:

It's solid cream on the back, with a pinstripe along the top edge, ( I figure no pinstripe on mine) and just clearcoats over natural wood on the front. It's very clean and classy and pristine. I'll make my evil, bloody, gory nightmare from hell guitar later.

The deep red with black grain is very luxurious and rich. It reminds me of rich people drinking port, discussing the stock market, all dressed like the monopoly guy. I think I want this guitar to be clean cut and right there. No warmth, but not harsh either. This is piece of art, and I want it to invoke thought and feeling when people see it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Last edited by Øttər at Aug 4, 2007,
Quote by Øttər

Uh.. Quo Vadis...? Never heard of them, sorry.

Hehe, I was talking about Vanquish's post (#10). The dude in that picture is in that band. You should check them out if you're into melodic death metal.

On subject, I'm really liking the finish on that last guitar, you should definately keep the finish clear so we can see some of the grain, classy. I'm a sucker for nice grain!