good question
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Most "metal" bands today? They all sound the same to me. Overly distorted, drop tuned guitars with too much growling.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Most "metal" bands today? They all sound the same to me. Overly distorted, drop tuned guitars with too much growling.

DevilDriver has their own unique vocal sound, with slightly distinguishable guitar rifts, along with a unique drummer. What are you talking about????
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Seriously. I got the new album, and it's one of the best metal CD's I've heard this year. In the midst of EVERYONE falling off lately. They're a great reason to go to Ozzfest now!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
yeh devildrivers melody definetaly makes them stand out....
the band "daath"-the vocalist sounds pretty simillar to dez...their melo death but they add industrial/prog elements to their music..check em out
Kindly take this to this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454034&highlight=devildriver

It is indeed old but as soon as you post it will bring it back to the top of the forum so you're likely to get more replies.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)