My guitar is a Peavey Rotor EXP.
On their website, it says the EXP is neck thru, mine is bolt on. Plus it looks unlike the one on their site.

I've found a guitar that looks like mine on many sites but its an EX....not an EXP and much cheaper.

What's going on?
They could well have changed the model since you bought yours.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Yours is an EX I think. Does yours have a trem? Because the EXP doesn't.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Megatallica
But it says EXP on it.

Then its an EXP! Whats the issue here?
My Gear

ESP/Ltd EC-1000 w/EMG 81/60
ESP/Ltd H-500 w/ JB/59 Duncans
Fender MIM Strat w/ Hot rail in Bridge

Traynor Custom Valve 80watt 4x10
Ha yea, I guess it is, but I was just concerned maybe that I'd been sold a fake.

The EXPs on the Peavey site look completely different. Mine looks like an EX on their site. EXPs, as it says on their site have neck thru....mine is bolt on. As well as that, I have seen an EX EXACTLY like mine just a different color, yet mine is an EXP.

Get me?
Why don't you try writing to Peavey for clarification? They should be able to tell you if their models have changed specs or something along those lines. Get ti right from the horse's mouth.
there is no way the would change a model keeping the same name and changing so much from bolt on(cheapest) to nech thru (most expensive) no ****ing. if the would do that some ppl would sell the old model 200euro more and that would be cheat.so my point here is that something very weird and musterius is going on here..........hhmmmmmm
My Gear:
Ibanez Iron Label 8 string (RGIR28FE)
Schecter Haillraiser C7
Randall RG 1503+ 2x12" V30s
Mooer GE200
ok i found it what colour is your ROTOR??the real EXP is white black and cherry and the EX is mahogany red and black without the this weird finish around athe the edges of the body,the EXP have shell binding and not some white plastic binding around the guitar
My Gear:
Ibanez Iron Label 8 string (RGIR28FE)
Schecter Haillraiser C7
Randall RG 1503+ 2x12" V30s
Mooer GE200
Quote by freddy692000
there is no way the would change a model keeping the same name and changing so much from bolt on(cheapest) to nech thru (most expensive) no ****ing. if the would do that some ppl would sell the old model 200euro more and that would be cheat.so my point here is that something very weird and musterius is going on here..........hhmmmmmm

Unless you're a representative of the company that manufactures that product, I don't think you're in a position to make absolute statements like that. Have you never seen the phrase "features and specifications subject to change without notice?" This is standard legalese text printed on any product these days. It means you are not allowed to sue the company if the product you get is not exactly like the one in the brochure.

Now I would agree it would be highly unusual for a set of changes as significant as is being mentioned here, but again, I would say, the authority on the product would be the manufacturer. TS, email peavey with your serial number and concerns and I would hope they would be able to clear it up for you better than a bunch of folks like myself who don't own the instrument and really only have the catalogs to go on.