hey ug. iv always loved the old strat's and tele's but im not rich so cant affort them at he moment. so im gonna build somthing like one. heres my specs/plans.

'57 strat:
poplar body (heard its like alder.
i cant get alder)
fender vitage noisless pups
aged finished maple neck
aged finished maple FB
vintage trem
single play white pguard
surf green paint(love it)
chrome hardware

'52 tele:
poplar body
fender vintage noisless tele pups
aged maple neck/ FB
single ply white pickguard/ or pearl pguard
surf green paint
chrome hardware

well those are my plans so tell me what you think. if there any changes you think i could make to inprove please let me know. as of now these are just plans because i am still finishing my other tele project.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Last edited by garrett7 at Aug 3, 2007,
Sounds good! Beside the fact that I hate teles. The strat will look really neat with those specs tough!
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
does sound good post pictures when you start
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

GEAR
FENDER HOT ROD DELUXE
YAMAHA PACIFICA
BOSS DS2
POD XT LIVE
will do.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
i cant get wood like that where i live. and i dont have a ton of money
Quote by Roc8995
Last edited by garrett7 at Aug 3, 2007,
st. thomas ontario canada and yeah why? i have priced everything at $566.20 can. but i know its gonna be more.
Quote by Roc8995
I guess it depends on what you consider a ton of money. There are several unfinished ash tele bodies on eBay that are pretty resonably priced that ship world wide. If you're going for an actual '52 feel and tone ash is the clear choice. Anyways, good luck. Post pics.
The '52 is only available in blonde. Also, the switching for a '52 Tele is different from a modern Tele. And the stock bridge on a '52 is a 3 saddle, not a 6 saddle. And I also agree that ash is the best choice.
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah they didn't have surf green available until the late 50s. '52s have 3 saddle brass bridges and 1ply black pickguard. They also need a swamp ash body. And I wouldn't go with the Vintage Noiseles. They sound pretty plain and boring. Go with something like Custom '54s and Original Teles.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
well i cant keep it totally stock i wanted them matching colour and have always wanted the surf green. as for the ash ill look into it but i dont think i can get it. i dont have a credit card to get stuff off ebay.
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by MrCarrot
Yeah they didn't have surf green available until the late 50s. '52s have 3 saddle brass bridges and 1ply black pickguard. They also need a swamp ash body. And I wouldn't go with the Vintage Noiseles. They sound pretty plain and boring. Go with something like Custom '54s and Original Teles.

not even noisless for the strat? i will def. keep the pickups in mind. thanks for the suggestion.
Quote by Roc8995
ok now i think i will buy the bodies. just to get better quality and its only a bit more then the wood if i get those eden bodies off ebay. should i go alder for the strat and ash for the tele?
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by 7PlaGues
I am selling an american strat with the same similiar specs are you are trying.. you can view some pics in the gear thread to get an idea with finishes, and things. feel free to ask any questions. I love seafoam green and daphne blue finishes..

i checked those guitars out. the fender is really nice dont think i can get 700 saved up right now and i would like to build mine for the experience.
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by garrett7
not even noisless for the strat? i will def. keep the pickups in mind. thanks for the suggestion.
Noiseless single coils are actually stacked humbuckers - Fender and other companies try to remedy the fact that this loses single coil tone by making more expensive noiseless - the SCN and Kinman ranges are some examples. But whatever they do they just do not sound like true singles. The best thing to do is just stick out the hum and appreciate the better tone from some proper singles.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Noiseless single coils are actually stacked humbuckers - Fender and other companies try to remedy the fact that this loses single coil tone by making more expensive noiseless - the SCN and Kinman ranges are some examples. But whatever they do they just do not sound like true singles. The best thing to do is just stick out the hum and appreciate the better tone from some proper singles.

i never knew that i will def. get normal singles then.

i am noe thinking that i will just buy some bodys or even full fender guitar and just paint and mod them. has the body style changed much over the years?
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by 7PlaGues
the body styles are almost the same. if you wanted to an exact RI replica than you have to really spend alot of time with the necks. Research as much as possible on Reissue necks because they are much different than your average fender neck (inlays, trust rod pocket, tuners, bushings, neck overlay, etc etc)

that stuff dosnt much matter to me. yeah i think i will buy two full guitars (strat and a tele) that way i will have a fender neck and stuff. the fender on eby in the $300-$500 range are they any good? im basicly looking for a good body wood and a good neck the other stuff will mostly be changed at a later date.
Quote by Roc8995
ok thanks
Quote by Roc8995
ur not gonna maneg to get it perfect, and i rkeon u will end up payin more for it than u wanted to, lol, i hav a '57 strat and it was like £300, so i reon thast about $500, not sure of the exchnage, y dont u just save up? lol