Page 1 of 3
I'm surprised i couldn't find the Talking Heads thread.
I used search bar and found nothing.
So, I got one question for you fans. What's the name of the song where Byrne dances with the lamp?

The official thread open!
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
great, great band.

"letting the days go by, water flowing underground!"
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody). My favourite Talking Heads song!

I love Talking Heads.
I really need to pick up another album. So far I've got Stop Making Sense, Remain in Light, More Songs About Buildings and Food and I've downloaded Fear of Music. I'm guessing I should get 77 next?
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

I love Talking Heads.
I really need to pick up another album. So far I've got Stop Making Sense, Remain in Light, More Songs About Buildings and Food and I've downloaded Fear of Music. I'm guessing I should get 77 next?

I've downloaded 77 and it's great though I probably wouldn't buy it, but if you are a fan then you would probably love it.
Then they'll take you to Cloughprior and shove you in the ground
But you'll stick your head back out and shout "we'll have another round"!
i am so close to finishing my collection of talking heads albums yesterday, i got 77 and naked...only missing true stories and little creatures
I have the book for the song Stay Up Late. I was read it all the time when I was a baby. How cool is THAT.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I love the Talking Heads. Big influence over me, and their music is so... infectiously different.

<3 Tina.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

I love Talking Heads.

Yes. ''Woohoo, I got plenty of time...''.
Did you heard Arcade Fire's cover of Naive Melody. It's cool, they replaced synthesizers with violins and xylophones.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by Caustic
I love the Talking Heads. Big influence over me, and their music is so... infectiously different.

<3 Tina.

hey same here!
Learned alot on bass from Tina, one of my favorite bassists of all time and Talking Heads is probably one of my favorite bands of all time, i think i have like the first 5 or 6 albums, but Fear of Music will always be my favorite album. The first time me and my best friend played together we learned Psycho Killer, him on drums and me on bass and singin'. So that song is def. not my favorite but is semi special to me haha

I like the later stuff too, like the albums that have more world music influence to them, but the Post-Punk arty side to Talking Heads will always be my favorite!

/end fanboy.

Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

I will agree with you there

Speaking in Tounges is pretty sexy all around.
Doesn't get more sexy than Making Flippy Floppy.
peace & chemicals
Summary of the Day:

Downloaded Remain In Light, listened to it a few times, listened to couple of times more, decided it was pretty cool stuff. Decided to listen to it more in the very near future.

Quote by European Son
Summary of the Day:

Downloaded Remain In Light, listened to it a few times, listened to couple of times more, decided it was pretty cool stuff. Decided to listen to it more in the very near future.

He shoots, he scores!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by European Son
Summary of the Day:

it's the type of record you have to listen to it all together to really enjoy it, or that's the way it is for me, try Fear of Music if you're ever looking to get any more Talking Heads albums.

I've always been torn between Fear of Music and Remain in Light as my favourite Talking Heads album.
No, that's my next favourite Talking Heads album

The Brian Eno era was awesome.
i totally forgot that i picked up the speaking in tongues cassette last year. i remember listening to it while stuck in rain and traffic and i couldn't stand it. but i love that album now, this must be the place is soo good.
Yeah, most peoples brains go "WTF" when they first hear the Talking Heads, and vow to never listen to such insufferable rubbish again. But by then, you're infected and it's only a matter of time.
when i saw the blue man group live (which was pretty sweet) they had a violin-playing woman open for them. i missed a good bit of her show, but i saw most of her cover of this must be the place. twas pretty cool. that's probably my favorite song of theirs as well, along with nothing but flowers.

last.fm
everytime i mention the talking heads my dad says that he likes them, but i really can't see it as he mostly listens to oldies and stuff like the eagles, you know dad-rock stuff
I love the Talking Heads, one of my favorites.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by uhh_me?
everytime i mention the talking heads my dad says that he likes them, but i really can't see it as he mostly listens to oldies and stuff like the eagles, you know dad-rock stuff

Haha. My dad usually listens to stuff like Thin Lizzy and Eagles and you know... 70's hard rock, or dad-rock stuff like you described it. So the other day Suede were playing in the background to a television programme. And my dad starts to sing along and I was like "Do you like Suede? o_O" And he just responded "They're great."

Now here's the funny part. My dad is really the stereotypical prejudiced got-to-be-masculine kinda dad. So I remember once me and my brother mentioned The Smiths just in a conversation or something. And he just said "I really dislike them. They're crap". And when we asked why his only answer was "Morrissey is just really gay. I don't listen to bands with gay singers". He listens to Suede, though. Haha.

Off topic post, but fun nevertheless, IMO. A bit contradictory, you'd might think.
Last edited by European Son at Aug 20, 2007,
Quote by uhh_me?

aha, the only Talking Heads song my dad knows it Psycho Killer and he acts like he knows all the words, he listens to all those classic rawk bands too..heh silly pops

Quote by Doolittle
aha, the only Talking Heads song my dad knows it Psycho Killer and he acts like he knows all the words, he listens to all those classic rawk bands too..heh silly pops
My dad listens to classic rock too, I'm pretty sure he listened to the Talking Heads too. I've heard him talk about Psycho Killer and Burning Down the House.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
My dad listens to classic rock too, I'm pretty sure he listened to the Talking Heads too. I've heard him talk about Psycho Killer and Burning Down the House.

one of my dad's favorite songs is "and she was"

i swear i've listened to it seventy times on this mix CD he burned for the car. i can't complain though, it's a great song plus the bass sounds great in the car

last.fm
It took me forever to get into, but Remain in Light is a great album.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Bump.

Been listening to Remain In Light alot lately as I really like it. I found it a bit hard to really get into, but I really enjoy it now. What do you suggest I get next?
Quote by Bmm386
I'd like to point out that i am currently wearing my David Byrne shirt.
For some reason I've always found David Byrne's appearance slightly intimidating. There's something about his face that scares me.
Last edited by European Son at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by European Son
Bump.

Been listening to Remain In Light alot lately as I really like it. I found it a bit hard to really get into, but I really enjoy it now. What do you suggest I get next?

Fear of Music
then
More Songs About Buildings and Food

Page 1 of 3