Does anyone have any tips or ideas to make it easier to sing and play some crazy riffs at the same time?
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
Tap your foot like a metronome.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
yeah just, keep on practicing.
keep the guitar easy at the beginning, make it harder after time..

practice is the key to.. yeah everything

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Learn note values. If you are a metal head, chances are you will be playing all downstrokes in 8th notes or so. If you are a folk guitarist, you will be strumming loosely in 8th note patterns with some 16ths.

Just practise that way =]
Yeah practice...I did, even though I can't sing
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
make sure you've got the guitar part perfect first, and that you can play it without too much concentration.
Then the words, you'll probably know them by heart anyway. learn where abouts in the timing the strong consonants hit and focus on them.
A good starter for me was Do It Again by QOTSA. It had basically one riff the whole way through and the words are fairly simple but mixing them took ages.
A good practice song though.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I can tap, hammer on/pull off and sing...playa playa.

Just practice guitar parts first...then after you get it the lyrics come in your head...then you can sort of do it without thinking.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Figure out which words are on the accented beats of the bar, or which words are sung when you change chord, etc.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
i cant even talk when i play....my parnets will come up and ask a question and i wont respone if im in the middle of a song or something
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:
Dean ML79 w/Floyd Electric Guitar
Transparent Braziliaburst

Member #21 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Just keep practicing the riff and it'll melt into your mind and then its easier
Quote by jakamufn
i cant even talk when i play....my parnets will come up and ask a question and i wont respone if im in the middle of a song or something

Haha yeah ..so true!!! my parents think im ignoring them then they get all pissy..
I personally care little about singing and playing... since my voice sounds horribly when I sing, lol. But my roommate is great at it and he told me he just started with very easy song and went form there. So just don't try playing a complicated riff with odd timing and singing at the same time as a starting point.
If you like Metallica, learn seek and destroy guitar plus vocals, its the only song I can even attempt to sing at the same time.

The reason being the simple riffs in that song give clear indication of which words go where,

e.g.

The chorus is made of a 3 chord decening pattern, over which the words 'Searching, Seek and Destroy' are sung.

Searching sounds on the first chord, then the second sounds, then seek and destroy is song over the last chord and palmuting.

Its really easy to pick up that song. Hope that helps

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You got to start slowly and try to make it so that you memorize what note with wat word. like when you say a certain word, you should remember to strum on that word, or move your ur hand on this word. try thinking about the song in your head while playing it, or playing air guitar while singing, it helps.
I find it's easier in songs where the vocals follow the guitar almost exactly.
For instance a few songs by Death (Pull the Plug and The Philosopher):
Hope this works:
||--------------------------------------------|| 
||--4----2--------------------------------------||
||--2----2------4-----3----3-3-3-3---3-3-3-3-3-3---------||
||-------0------2-----1----1-1-1-1---1-1-1-1-1-1---------||
    See   what  I   See?   

Second line of The Philosopher, get the song to figure out what I mean
It will never be very easy. Gary Moore himself said that he felt relieved when he came back to the blues because it was hard to sing and play rock lead at the same time.
But just practice with easy songs at 1st. I wasn't able to sing and play before. I always or went out of rhythm singing, or went out of rhythm playing. Now at least with some work and practice, I can be in rhythm with easy acoustic songs. Too bad my singing SUCKS.
So just practice with easy stuff before. Also, you should 1st know the guitar part at perfection, and the vocals at perfection, so you wouldn't be busy thinking about what comes next.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Find a really simple chord song and build up from there. Course, I've always had trouble with keeping both up to tempo when I'm doing them at the same time.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Just listen to a song over and over and listen where the you start singing and what riff you play while singing it. It'll get much easier. Trust me.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
practice some easy songs while singing and playing.. i noticed that after i could play a few songs and sing at the same time, i could play and sing new songs with little to no practice
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
john mayer - Who did you think... is a bitch to learn to sing n play
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Quote by gigson111
Does anyone have any tips or ideas to make it easier to sing and play some crazy riffs at the same time?

Have you ever seen anyone do that?

a. it's too hard
b. it would sound awful

The "crazy riffs" would not complement the voice.
This is why lead guitarists who sing tend to sing and solo alternately.
Or, do U2 style - where the Edge plays very simple riffs that dont tangle with the vocals.
If you wana sing at the same time, do either of these, or strum chords - like in Wonderwall, or most Goo Goo Dolls songs.
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.