Hi all, ive recently bought a JCM 800 half stack and have got my first gig next friday (10th august). Due to my neighbours etc i havnt really had chance to crank my amp and get the sound i want.

I play alternative/rock/punk type music (listen to my band in my sig if it helps) and was wondering if any of you would reccomend some settings for me to get this type of sound or any nice sounds that you currently get. Its the single channel 2203 model.

Ive got a boss me-50 pedal but wasnt to sure if im going to use this for the gig as it kinda makes the sound worse.

Anyway, it would be a real big help if you could tell me some decent settings, (sorry for being a lazy **** and not figuring this out for myself but literally every time i turn it on i get complaints.)

Thanks a lot, Si.
www.myspace.com/bluecollars

My Gear
Fender telecaster deluxe 72
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall JCM 800 100w head
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
Remember practice sounds and tones in a mix are different. I'd use the Bridge pickup on your Tele, and tune the gain to what you want at a low volume. Then set it to about 6 bass, 8 Mids and 6 Treble. This will sound like crap on your own, but in a band situation it will sound awesome.

Don't use the Pedal. When you finally get to play with the band and unleash it a bit, it should sound great.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
cheers mate will have a go later. anyone else reccomend any settings for me to try out? the more the better, i really dont want to go to the gig an sound crap.

thanks, si
www.myspace.com/bluecollars

My Gear
Fender telecaster deluxe 72
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall JCM 800 100w head
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600