Now, this is NOT the re-hash of the Myspace survey that's on here (that's terribly addicting), but an original idea.

But, here's what you do. If you were to make a movie, what what the soundtrack be like? Would you hire a certain band to write it? Would you go all Zach Braff on everyone's asses and make a a great mixtape-esque soundtrack and win an Oscar? Or would you go with the composer side of things?

You can do it however you like, but here's a simple setup if you would like to use it.

1.) Genre of the movie (It's really the most important thing. The genre of the movie has to coincide with the soundtrack, IMO)

2.) Basic Plot (Completely optional. Unless you've got a great idea for a plot, and you feel like it's worth posting, then give it a shot. This is really just an extension of the genre. It gives you an even BETTER idea of how the soundtrack might fit.)

3.) The soundtrack choices. (Pretty simple one here).

Now, since my post is already ginormous, I'll stop here, and post mine in a few minutes.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
No one?

No one at all?

Saxo-Walrus

I'd do something similar to what Wes Anderson did in The Life Aquatic with all the Bowie stuff, but with a different band. Maybe the Velvet Underground.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Genre: Sci Fi

Base Plot: Intergalactic war. Think Halo, but a lot darker, like Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns". Very, very dark, and lots of shady things going on.

Soundtrack: Some sort of collaboration between Russian Circles and 65daysofstatic. That electronic vibe would make that sci fi vibe, and the more ambient material they can write would go great during times of suspence, and a build up to an uproar in action.

Saxo-Walrus

Genre: Art [Lack of acting done properly>Most orthodox films]

There's not "plot" for any of it, so to speak, a collage of video footage, original, of run-down areas and abandoned buildings contrasted with the prosperity eventually changing to a group of musicians playing in a deserted area, like a forest or grassland, playing the the music in the background. 5 minutes tops.

Soundtrack, some darker ambient stuff, fading into slightly less haunting sounds as the film progresses.

I would do this myself, if I could get a substantial video camera, and a few willing musicians.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Oh snap, I did mine wrong.

Genre: quirky indie-comedy

Plot: Three bored high school friends decide to start a pirate radio station and get into a world of **** with the FCC.

Soundtrack: a mix of 1960's mod rock like the Small Faces and the Who and modern stuff like the Hives and the Libertines. I know for a fact that it'll have "Radio America" by the Libertines somewhere in there because the reason I started writing the movie was because I had an idea for a scene where the main character is walking alone at night along a street by a lake with that song playing and I thought that "Radio America" was a good name for a movie.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the

It's cool. Like I said, my little setup was just an option, not mandontory.

Saxo-Walrus

Genre: Drama

Plot: Basically, a depressed man decides he wants to live again. The movie will have beautiful images, great dialogue and memorable lines.

Soundtrack: Explosions In The Sky - Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Space horror movie, kind of like Alien

Soundtrack: minimalist intstrumentation, mostly electronic, mixed with eerie guitar music/noise. One of the sounds I'm thinking of is the sound of letting a semi hollow guitar feedback continuously, with a rotary effect while completely raping it's Bigeby tremolo.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!

Plot: A really quiet orphaned boy tries to adjust to living in a rough city all by himself. Won't be overdone, just haunting.

Soundtrack: Original music by Explosions in the Sky

EDIT: Dammit! myself101 beat me to the soundtrack Oh, and BINARY SOLO!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Jan 5, 2008,
Quote by myself101

Plot: Basically, a depressed man decides he wants to live again. The movie will have beautiful images, great dialogue and memorable lines.

Soundtrack: Explosions In The Sky - Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place.

My threads back!

But that sounds great. I would see it.

EITS would fit really well for that.

And, I'll do another, since it's been almost six months or so.

Genre: Apatow/Smithian. As in Kevin Smith and Jud Apatow. In the style of Dogma, more than Clerks for Smith, though, along with that amazing Apatow style. Lots of conversation, quirky points and thoughts, a movie with a REAL feel, basically.

Plot: Two friends have an obsession with a band, and they follow the band on their tours, think like a Dead Head would do. Just spending the whole summer on the tour. They meet new friends, etc. etc. Kind of stereotypical sounding, but if done right, I definitely think it could make for an amazing movie, especially in the styles of the above said directors.

Soundtrack: I would have the band that the friends are touring with be a real band, but they go by a different name. The band would be Minus the Bear. So, a majority of the sountrack would be MtB. The rest of the sountrack would be a song by Pelican, an Aquabats song, something by The Strokes, "Believe Me Natalie"- The Killers, because there would be a character named Natalie, "Stabwound"- Necrophagist (I would find a spot for it. ), "Retreat! Retreat!"- 65daysofstatic, and a few more songs. Stuff in the style of indie, post rock, post metal, and some scattered assorted songs to fit the mood.

Also, the song that brings in the credits will be "Thanks For the Killer Game of Crisco Twister"- Minus the Bear.

Saxo-Walrus

Genre: drama

Music: Natalie Portman by Team Sleep, Untitled #4 by Sigur Ros, To Here Knows When by My Bloody Valentine, and stuff by Explosions in the Sky and She, Sir
^^ I was just searching for something else and came across this thread and thought "hey, this is pretty cool" and voila bumped...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
^^ I was just searching for something else and came across this thread and thought "hey, this is pretty cool" and voila bumped...

I had even forgotten about it.

Saxo-Walrus

I would make a movie about buying a loaf of bread. And the music would all be by "Mogwai"...

Haha, this idea was manifested after I bought a loaf of bread while listening to Mogwai (imagine that)... Seriously, that band makes you feel like the world is ending, so anything you do while listening to them is so involving; hence buying bread = impending emotion.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"