Line 6 are going to be coming out with a new range of tube amps, with the built in DSP system from standard Spider amps, and the all the onboard presets from the Spider III's.

They sound pretty interesting to me, plus the most appealing part is that the tube parts are being helped along by Bogner (EVH, Satch, Eric Johnson).

They're coming out in a 40 watt combo and 100 watt head, and the cab apparantly comes with Vintage 30 speakers.

Any thoughts on this?
Funny words.
interesting but has a potential to be a flop: valve amp with presets...
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Quote by Stooja
interesting but has a potential to be a flop: valve amp with presets...

Isnt that what the Vox Valvetronix is?
this might be interesting. It sounds like it would be like a podxt tube preamp with a tub poweramp. if thast the case im expecting something expensive
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by CraigKing
Isnt that what the Vox Valvetronix is?

Valvetronix are Hybrid aren't they?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
that will be ****ing expensive. especially if they actually make it good, haha.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I heard about the rumor of Line 6 making a tube amp. I was hoping it would be more than a spider series though.

I was thinking that it was going to be Dave Mustain's amp. His amp has 4 channels (most tube amps have 2-3) unlike line 6 which have 4 main channels but 60 banks; his amp was modeled after the Marshall Plexi, a tube amp; and he never stated whether it was solid state or tube in the vid.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^prob solid state but with uber podxt/vetta technology. But its prob part of a rack so he might be using it as a preamp. Which digital preamps aren't all that bad. his rocktron is amazing and so is the podxt rack
doesnt epiphone, and the ashdown fallen angel already have that... at affordable prices?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Meh, I think it'll be worth looking into. Who knows, it may be half-way decent.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
Quote by mexican_shred
^prob solid state but with uber podxt/vetta technology. But its prob part of a rack so he might be using it as a preamp. Which digital preamps aren't all that bad. his rocktron is amazing and so is the podxt rack

But he did say something about having a Marshall power amp weighing 5x as much, it probably has a solid state power section. I did notice it doesn't have a standby switch...I was just figuring it was Line 6's highest end tech. so it probably had tubes.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
we'll just have to see and wait.
Quote by mexican_shred
we'll just have to see and wait.

Yeah...

Hopefully it's an HD-147 or Vetta type amp though.

The spider preamp is pretty good but it's not worth adding a tube power section.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ahh sorry forgot to add, the combo is going at about £550 I think, and that's British price, so because of importing and crap it probably will cost a bit less in America
Funny words.
Meh, I'd rather get a Mesa Express 5:50 or a Mark IV If I want versatility.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
(Not that I've ever played one or know how it sounds)- but this seems like it'd end up being the same as that Atomic tube reactor thing, which, as far as I know, you put a Pod into it and the Pod acts as a preamp, and then it has an 18 watt tube power amp.

I probably just missed something or misunderstood and this will be a bad post.
Quote by CORT noob
Meh, I'd rather get a Mesa Express 5:50 or a Mark IV If I want versatility.

you cant adjust those on the fly at a gig without pausing the set though and eating up valuable stage time.

im personally anticipating what it will be like. easier on me at gigs, and i can leave all of my cherished amps at home when im on the road. and i wont have to go through any trouble making a crazy rack with a pod and power amp and midi etc.
Quote by TehJermie
you cant adjust those on the fly at a gig without pausing the set though and eating up valuable stage time.

im personally anticipating what it will be like. easier on me at gigs, and i can leave all of my cherished amps at home when im on the road. and i wont have to go through any trouble making a crazy rack with a pod and power amp and midi etc.

True, but on the Express there are alot of switches, it is just a matter of how close you are to your amp while playing. Only 2 footswitchable channels though, but the amp technically has 4 channels. And, with the footswitchable contour, you can switch quite fast, but this amp will be interesting none the less.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by beckyjc
Valve amps with built in effects and presets from a spider?
Why don't they just go piss all over a Vox AC30 or a Twin...

Why do people bash it just because its a line 6 thats coming out with tube?
jesus like..

Im quiet interested in this! And mustaines amp is solid state I thought?

^Ashdown did it and tbh it wasnt too bad. As I said, people are too quick to jump the gun!
Quote by CORT noob
True, but on the Express there are alot of switches, it is just a matter of how close you are to your amp while playing. Only 2 footswitchable channels though, but the amp technically has 4 channels. And, with the footswitchable contour, you can switch quite fast, but this amp will be interesting none the less.

id like everything footswitchable and its just easier to have presets for songs/parts, rather than doing the proverbial tap dancing.

i dont know how many of you have heard and played the modeler-tube power amp setup. but it sounds amazing and the dynamics are pretty much there. id rather just take that on the road and be able to buy new ones (settings stored on the computer too!) if it's stolen. and just bring out my vintage and expensive amps to local gigs.
Amps with a SS pre-amp and a tube power amp have been around a long time. I know Musicman had one back 20-30 years ago. If it's more along the lines of the Vetta/Flextone in the preamp, it might be interesting.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Amps with a SS pre-amp and a tube power amp have been around a long time. I know Musicman had one back 20-30 years ago. If it's more along the lines of the Vetta/Flextone in the preamp, it might be interesting.

Especially a Vetta. Those things are excellent.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio