Im looking at buying a deluxe MIM strat or an equivalent tele as soon as i get enough money again, which may not be until Christmas, but i have heard a lot of rly good things about the Highway One series. are they rly worht that extra $150? im planning on playing the rest of my life, but not anything serious, just messing around with friends and playing at Church.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I personally liked the deluxe player's strat more than the highway, and it has better pickups. Though I haven't played the newest highway 1, so I'm not sure. Check eBay, I got my american stratocaster for 630 new.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by RPotts
I personally liked the deluxe player's strat more than the highway, and it has better pickups. Though I haven't played the newest highway 1, so I'm not sure. Check eBay, I got my american stratocaster for 630 new.

well i rly like the local shop in town, so i think im going to just stick with them and pay the extra $$, yea i havent played the highway one yet, but so far i havent found much better thn the feel of the deluxe players, i just wanted to see the general opinion
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I like my HW1 if that's any advise never tried the thing you are comparing it too and mines a Tele instead of a Strat although the differences are probably minimal.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
The deluxe MIM is really just an MIM with some fancy bits.

Both the guitars feel the same, and should sound nearly the same providing you have the right pickups in there, however the highway one has the new electornics and the nitro finish, which are probably all about preference.
If your looking for a phenominal strat at that price range check out the Fender Showmaster. You can get one off the bay for $350-$400. I'll say its the best guitar I have ever played (I own one hence my user name). Check them out.
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
the highway one, i have a highway tele in wine red and it plays beautifully, if u buy the highway one, u will not be disappointed.
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith