Page 1 of 4
How come UG hates Herman Li? I hate him too lol but i wanna know because I'm bored and want to make a thread.

Quote by WinterMadness76
Just about anything that has the word "core" or "grind" in it is guaranteed to suck 100%. I think I could make better music if I held a pick between my asscheeks and strummed.

Quote by Chickenparts
WOOT!!!!!

ASSCORE!!!!!!!!
I don't
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Herman Ri is coorr, dude. If you don't terr your friends he WILL **** on your head. It happened to me
because Herman Li sucks ****, i can sweep cleaner and faster than him, he is an ass of a person and eveyone is like "HEEERMAN RIII is teh beestoorzzz guuitaroorz everrzzz!!!!1one!!1"
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Who knows.
Quote by darthteet
Someone made a sensible post. Well done, genuinely. Adamonia, that is.

Quote by YourDad
Adamonia, I completely agree with every single word you just said.

Dum Spiro Spero.
We hate him because he's asain, or azn is whats it's called these days I guess...

That said, I have all their CDs and really like Dragonforce. Saw em in Vancouver.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I've mey Herman Li =]
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
Personally I like him. He sounds cool.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
hes got no feeling of music whatsoever. He is basically the king of random shred and stupid video game noises.
-He sucks live

-His sound is manufactured in the studio

-Even though everything he plays is doctored and likely sped up in studio it is still just straight runs and arpeggiation ie. it's not that techinically difficult to play

-Have you seen his guitar one (or something like that, I looked and I'm too lazy to find it) vid where he plays an "A ummm it's an A something arpeggio" He doesn't even know what the hell it is...
he's awesome. great guitarist.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by gopherthegreat
i thought his name was Herman Li...........is it Ri?

It is a joke from a video. Should go watch it

Fast = no soul or emotion guys, jeez. *sarcasm*
Gear:

Ibanez SAS36FM
Ovation Acoustic
Classical Guitar
Amplitube 3 running into a PA
i like him alot he writes great stuff and hes good it bothers me that some people dont like him hes a hella lot better that the people that talk crap about him my opinion just a bunch of jealous people.
Nobody ever thinks that people enjoy playing fast shred stuff. It makes them happy, being happy is an emotion. Just because a solo isnt 2 seconds between every note dosent mean it has no feeling. Its just how he enjoys to play. Also, if you hate somebody just on the fact that they play guitar fast (Probably faster than yourself, jelous anyone?) than it really shows you have no intelligence and your opinion is useless anyways. Dont like him? Fine, dont listen to dragonforce. Hate him? Stop being a jelous tool and get a life. Ask yourself, would a BB King solo sound good in the middle of a dragonforce song? No. Jesus christ people think before you say stupid ****.
People always misguide their "hate". Most people just hate his fans or how highly some uninformed people regard him.

I've never met the guy, but I'm sure he is just swell.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
People always misguide their "hate". Most people just hate his fans or how highly some uninformed people regard him.

I've never met the guy, but I'm sure he is just swell.

Try meeting him drunk, he would probably give you his guitar if you asked.
I don't hate Herman Li.

But I DO hate the people that think he's God and that he's the best guitar player to ever pick up a guitar, EVER.

Fags.
I'm a person.
Quote by denizenz
-He sucks live

I'm sorry, but I feel the need to correct you. He doesn't suck live, he does his solos very well. Sam is the one that screws up live. The harmonys are bad because Sam is out of tune or just hitting the wrong notes. Find me a video on youtube of herman seriously ****ing up. You can't.
Last edited by HeavenlyVirus at Aug 3, 2007,
So tell your friends Herman Ri is cool or i will **** on your head

Quote by WinterMadness76
Just about anything that has the word "core" or "grind" in it is guaranteed to suck 100%. I think I could make better music if I held a pick between my asscheeks and strummed.

Quote by Chickenparts
WOOT!!!!!

ASSCORE!!!!!!!!
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

I'm sorry, but I feel the need to correct you. He doesn't suck live, he does his solos very well. Sam is the one that screws up live. The harmonys are bad because Sam is out of tune or just hitting the wrong notes. Find me a video on youtube of herman seriously ****ing up. You can't.

Meh -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQRMWYI2Z4

I'm at work right now so no speakers...
Quote by donkeyonwheels
i like him alot he writes great stuff and hes good it bothers me that some people dont like him hes a hella lot better that the people that talk crap about him my opinion just a bunch of jealous people.

I agree, most people are just jealous that they can't play as fast as he does.
Quote by devilscruffs14
hes got no feeling of music whatsoever. He is basically the king of random shred and stupid video game noises.

coming from a guy with mario as his avatar...
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Because he sucks ass at guitar, is an asshole, and every kid at my school thinks he's the greatest guitarist ever? Those are good enough reasons for me.

EDIT - that was kinda close minded of me. He's a good shredder I guess, but I just can't stand the music at all. It sounds too much like circus music.
and now i show you mario sound on guitar: *rubs stick on strings* itsa me!
My gear:
Fender Jazz Bass
Ampeg BA115
Define sucks ass.

-You've met him?

-Now, he doesn't have control over what school children think of him, does he?
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tU_0ssmI3Rk

Lawl what a nubzor!111!!1one!!!

I have met the guy, hes actually really cool in person, dosent give off the whole high and mighty vibe that most do and he was nice enough to talk for a while. I can see how people think hes a bit sloppy at times, yeah its mostly sam, but people would never change there opinion. I cant see how somebody would say he sucks though, thats just a case of being a dick because nomatter how much you dont like him you cant honestly say he isnt talented on his instrument.

Well thats enough about him from me for one day.
I like DF every once in awhile. He's a good player, and everyone who says he sucks is being ridiculous. If he sucks then I guess I'm the worst player to ever pick up a guitar since I can't even play sweep arpeggios as well as him. Stop overexaggerating.
Quote by cloud041089
this is why. i don't hate him though, i like what he writes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1uT8MUr7_4

he can be really sloppy.. i mean i can't play that as good (or bad) as him, but i'm not the one that's been playing for 15 years.

That was rubbish. Especially the other guitarist, it sounded terrible.

I don't hate Herman Li but I just don't think he is capable of writing a good song or guitar part as he's OBSESSED with speed. He does seem like a nice guy though, the other one is apparently an asshole from what I've heard. Dragonforce can't write music full stop, I though they were a joke band at first.
I don't hate him. I bet he's a cool guy to meet.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Page 1 of 4