Hey guys,

My local has one of these for £269. Mint condition in white. Is it worth it? I know people say the japanese ones are similar to mexicans, but at this price it's considering it.

Cheers,

Darren
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
MIJ fenders are usually better than MIM's but just a bit lower than MIA's, they have the same quality as a Highway1 bass I reckon.

I love the special editions they put out and the aerodynes!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
My old fretless was MIJ and I loved it. They're solid instruments. MIJ's were MIM's before Fender moved their main budget production to Mexico. In the 80's and 90's, some say the Japanese made instruments were better than the USA made ones. Total bollocks, but they made their point.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Is this a good price? I know MIM fenders are £300ish, but I already have a Mark hoppus jazz bass so I'd rather not if it's a crap price.

Cheers,

Darren
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Yeah, all MIJ instruments are better than the MIM ones across the board. The reason Fender moved to Mexico is because it was cheaper for them. They use MIJ factories still, but for medium-high end stuff.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..