I apologize if this is already in an FAQ somewhere, I promise I did search for it.

I just bought myself a new MIM tele, and I'm pretty happy with it. I got it below RRP with a flight case, action and intonation are fine, nothing crackles or buzzes and it sounds pretty sweet through both the amps in our house (marshall JCM 900 halfstack and a Valve Junior).

The only issue is that the chrome cover over the neck pickup is loose, so it makes a clanking noise when you touch it, which does go through the amp. I fingerpick a lot and the neck pickup is right under my thumb so I keep hitting it.

Is this just a matter of tightening something easy, or do should I take it back. If something actually needs replacing I'd prefer the shop pays for it. I've never seen this problem with a tele before, other than that it's a great value guitar.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I take it you mean the two PUP height screws? I raised it a bit and that helped a lot. I always thought it was more firmly anchored than that, but it seems it just sits around the pickup. It can still move a little when I tap it, it's not like a Gibson style HB cover, those don't move a all. It's stopped buzzing and clinking around now, so it's all good.

The Rule of UG is of course "Pics or it didn't happen", so here you go.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

it's a bit of a pain to get to it. but if move the strings out of the way, take off the guard, the pup will be attached, you can take the pup off the guard, and make sure the cover is on the pup tight. a dab of solder on the back, or maybe some sponge in with the height adjustment springs will keep it pressed up against the guard better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti

The Rule of UG is of course "Pics or it didn't happen", so here you go.

nice
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by Penguinarmy
nice

Thanks, I wish the stack it's plugged into there was mine too, that's my brother's.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Well I had the strings off for the first time yesterday, so I took the opportunity to stuff a piece of sponge into the trem cavity. That's ensured that the PUP can't possibly vibrate. This hasn't actually solved the problem unfortunately. It's just the cover that clanks around, the mounts on the pup are fine. I need to get the cover more firmly attached to the pickup it seems.

Can anyone help? I want to get it sorted soon, because I'm getting the neck and intonation done on Friday and I'll be less inclined to tinker with it once it's better set up. (I feel like a total amateur having someone else do the truss rod, but I' don't trust myself with that one yet)
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----