Right. I just got my first wages.. It made me so happy ^^

I've decided to find out if it'd be worth saving for a JVM.. I've heard all the clean and crunch channels.. And I think it sounds immense..

I've heard the OD channels.. But not to their full potential. Can anyone enlighten me by telling me how far this head could go.. WITHOUT any OD pedals

Thanks, guys..

PS - If you're going to tell me.. Name it as a band.. Then I can check out on their myspace or whatever for their guitar tone.. See how it works out.

For example "Those JVMs can go up to Machine Head level in gain"

I dunno if it will.. But that was just an example.
Hatebreed had them Wednesday when i saw them, and that was pretty high gain...
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
they 4 channels with 12 modes can really stretch out range wise and definly a great investment!

still hints the vintage marshall sound of course!
Jerry from Deprivation (R.I.P ) has one- get friendly with him.
Personally I think it's overrated, we cranked his JVM and my 6505+ next to each other and imo the JVM wasn't worth the hype/price tag
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Jerry from Deprivation (R.I.P ) has one- get friendly with him.
Personally I think it's overrated, we cranked his JVM and my 6505+ next to each other and imo the JVM wasn't worth the hype/price tag

I'm not like that

Mkay though thanks for the input man

I'm lookin for a much more versatile amp than the 6505 now though so I thought I'd ask
You can do better than the JVM for the price they charge.

Look into some laneys, maybe some engls too.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
take the plunge and go for the Mark IV

edit: ^+1 or an ENGL
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
anyone who's read any of my posts knows i'm a jvm fanboy. as far as high gain, i'll put it in perspective. i use one in my heavy metal band, and play a les paul through it. with it eq'd correctly, i can use od1 red mode, with the gain around 3 (out of 10, not o'clock) and it's almost too high gain for me at that point. then there's od2 to worry about, which basically cascades another gain channel on top of od1 (at least as far as I understand). i think the problem with people saying the amp is muddy or sterile or whatever, is they dial in way too much gain, a la the knob position on their current amp. i too made the same mistake at first.

Tones that I've easily attained or emulated with the JVM are:
The Mirror - Dream Theater
Mr. Crowley (any Rhoads type lead sound)
Mountain Song - Joe Satriani
Eruption - EVH
Cliffs of Dover
Master of Puppets
Any ACDC

The list goes on. I don't try to play other artist's music anymore, so I can't say if it does Lamb of God, Bodom, MachineHead, whoever. Hope this rambling helped.

Oh, and this amp does take OD pedals well. They just seem pretty useless to me with the versatility of this amp.
Ignore what people say when they say the jvm is bad. It is the best! if you want a high gain amp for metal but also other great tones get the JVM! if you want a stupid amp by the amp other people are telling you to get and then feel crap because you speant loads of money on an amp that can only do distortion.

make sure the amp is a Tube amp aswell like the JVM!!! it gives you a high gain metal tone but still keeps it clear enough to hear notes unlike solid state amps
Quote by II HaZzA II
Ignore what people say when they say the jvm is bad. It is the best! if you want a high gain amp for metal but also other great tones get the JVM! if you want a stupid amp by the amp other people are telling you to get and then feel crap because you speant loads of money on an amp that can only do distortion.

make sure the amp is a Tube amp aswell like the JVM!!! it gives you a high gain metal tone but still keeps it clear enough to hear notes unlike solid state amps

There are no words.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by II HaZzA II

It's not the best amp in the world just because it has Marshall written on it y'know?

So off the top of my head...

Mesa MK IV
Mesa Single / Dual / Triple Rect
Mesa Roadster / Roadking
Engl SE
Engl Blackmore
Bogner Ecstacy
JSX
EVH 5150 III
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy

They're all "stupid" amps?