Page 1 of 2
Lately I've gotten into metalcore, through Killswitch Engage. Since then, I've gotten into As I Lay Dying, BFMV, and Lamb of God (not quite metalcore but close enough). Someone in the bass forum recommended me Between the Buried and Me, and I dig them. I've listened to Unearth and I think I'll end up buying one of their albums soon.

Could anyone recommend any more metalcore for me to check out?
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
Read the sticky thread at the top
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Between the Buried and Me's def. my favorite band hands down, if you like them you'll love the dillinger escape plan
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by 12shinn21
parkway drive
i killed the prom queen
August burns red

No.

Listen to frd_marshll.

Botch - We Are the Romans and Converge - Jane Doe are basically essential for metalcore.
^You will do well here.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
nothin wrong with august burns red, he love them.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Well I guess if all he'd want to get into is generic metalcore, but he at least needs to listen to some of the great defining albums.
abr is a very talented band, and they arent really that generic at all, they are just straight up metalcore with intense breakdowns.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by csn00b
A7X Waking the fallen album

Quote by aggiefan33
Well I guess if all he'd want to get into is generic metalcore, but he at least needs to listen to some of the great defining albums.

fixed
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
In This Moment and Still Remains are good...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
In This Moment and Still Remains are good...

Quote by aggiefan33

Thank you aggiefan for this post
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Thank you aggiefan for this post

I guess I've had a good start here.
i've seen this countless times, losers wanting more bland metalcore and losers stating two highly overrated good bands. botch and converge aren't the answers to all things metalcore, infact, there not the answer to metalcore at all.
****s me, i dont really care tbh, but maybe the answer is a bunch a of bands that have influenced all the generic metalcore bands, so they can see what angle the bands are coming from. that for sure isn't converge or botch, maybe a few thrash bands, some at the gates or melodic death metal, and some integrity.
So I think you're saying Converge is overrated because a bunch of **** generic metalcore bands aren't influenced by them. They guy asked for good metalcore. We gave him the best there is in Converge and Botch. I don't see what's wrong with that.
no im saying why offer him bands, that won't appeal to him. somone asks to here a folk record and you play moonwalker by micheal jackson. sheesh, what the **** is wrong with this forum.
Quote by LastTrainToCool
****s me, i dont really care tbh, but maybe the answer is a bunch a of bands that have influenced all the generic metalcore bands, so they can see what angle the bands are coming from. that for sure isn't converge or botch, maybe a few thrash bands, some at the gates or melodic death metal, and some integrity.

Tell me Norma Jean's "O God The Aftermath" wasn't completely influenced by We Are the Romans. Hell, they even had the same producer do it.
Aside from Converge and Botch this is metalcore I dig that I backup:

7 angels, 7 plagues
The Acacia Strain
The Agony Scene
Anapparatus? (dont know what genre to put them in but they're sick as ****)
Antagonist
Architects
August Burns Red
Azriel
BTBAM
Buried Inside
Caliban
Coalesce
Confide
Darkest Hour
Dead to Fall
Every Time I Die
The Gentlemen Homicide
Glass Casket
Heaven Shall Burn
Human Abstract
some IKTPQ
Light This City
Luti-Kriss
Martyr Ad
Misery Signals
Mortal Treason
My Bitter End
Poison the Well
Remembering Never
War of Ages
With Faith or Flames
Year of Desolation
Zao
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by aggiefan33
Tell me Norma Jean's "O God The Aftermath" wasn't completely influenced by We Are the Romans. Hell, they even had the same producer do it.

People always make it sound like that's a bad thing?

Where's the problem there?
Quote by aggiefan33
^ Have you checked out ETID's The Big Dirty yet?

Honestly havent had the time. Any good?
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by Gymmeh
People always make it sound like that's a bad thing?

Where's the problem there?

tbh it's not as bad is I might have made it out to be, it just sounds EXTREMELY similar to We Are the Romans.

Quote by guitarwannabe16
Honestly havent had the time. Any good?

I was very impressed after listening through a few times, after expecting GP all over again. It definately goes back more to the HD! sound, and Keith Buckley's vocals are ace.
Quote by LastTrainToCool
no im saying why offer him bands, that won't appeal to him. somone asks to here a folk record and you play moonwalker by micheal jackson. sheesh, what the **** is wrong with this forum.

We gave him recs for what he asked for. Sorry if it doesnt suit you, but theres a good chance he'll enjoy one of those bands. And kudos for analogies that have no relevance

Why are you trying to start a pointless arguement in every thread? That time of the month?

Use and enjoy.
Quote by aggiefan33
tbh it's not as bad is I might have made it out to be, it just sounds EXTREMELY similar to We Are the Romans.

No, it really is that bad.
They even said that they wanted that sound, if I'm not mistaken? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

But I still fail to see the problem?
trivium (first 2 albums), all the remains, still remains, i killed the prom queen, bleeding through, haste the day, demon hunter. those are the ones i listen to, but go to wikipedia and look up metalcore bands u will find ALOT.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by Gymmeh
No, it really is that bad.
They even said that they wanted that sound, if I'm not mistaken? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

But I still fail to see the problem?

Idk whether or not they said it, but the problem is that instead of playing the same lame christian metalcore stuff, they decide to be "original" by playing riffs that sound straight out of WATR instead of trying to experiment a little bit.
Before Their Eyes
Hopes Die Last

^^^^some of the greatest music I've discovered in a LONG time search them through myspace so you can hear a few of their songs
Quote by bakshandloomis
trivium (first 2 albums), all the remains, still remains, i killed the prom queen, bleeding through, haste the day, demon hunter. those are the ones i listen to, but go to wikipedia and look up metalcore bands u will find ALOT.

At least now we know where all of these noob scenesters go to find bands.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by aggiefan33
Idk whether or not they said it, but the problem is that instead of playing the same lame christian metalcore stuff, they decide to be "original" by playing riffs that sound straight out of WATR instead of trying to experiment a little bit.

They don't literally recreate Botch's album.

Don't get me wrong, I love We are the Romans 10 to 1 over any Norma Jean, but all I'm saying is that basically "if you've got something good, run with it."

I know in this case, Norma didn't have anything good, Botch did, but to emulate that is sure to be successful.

Either way, in my personal opinion, Norma pull off their Botch tribute well, whether it's a tribute or not. It does Botch some inkling of justice.

Songs off O God such as Disconnecktie and Bayonetwork are wicked.

Oh, oh and I've got a funny story from the other night that involves Norma Jean.

I was walking through this dicey suburb in Melbourne, and these 3 guys came out of nowhere and started hurling abuse at me, but because I had my iPod in, I didn't hear them, so they figured I was just trying to ignore them. So they decided to physically attract my attention haha. That involved a king hit to the temple from behind.. I wasn't too fond of that and I fell straight on my face haha. Then, I tried to get up and copped another punch to the head and I was knocked out I think.

Anyway, I was listening to Bless the Martyr at the time, I forget which song, and as I fell my headphones came out of my ears, but as I lay there knocked out or winded and bewildered, the only thing I can remember from when I fell to about 15 minutes afterwards, when someone finally turned up, is I can remember hearing that loud as snare that they seem to use in that album hahaha. I couldn't do anything about it, but I just wanted to shut that bloody snare up haha.

Yeah, that's my story.
They didn't even take anything ?
Oh well haha.

And I didn't even get a punch in!
Quote by mouseman0117
Children of Bodem are simmilar to LoG you might like them

1. They are not similar at all tbh (i like them both so don't moan).
2. And its Bodom not Bodem.

*Goes back to Metal Forum*
@Gymmeh: Disconnecktie and Bayonetwork are the reason why I said it's not that bad haha. Good story, too. I think the fact you were listening to Norma Jean is why they didn't take your Ipod! haha
Page 1 of 2