Page 1 of 2
Aye, heard this on the news, sucks big time.

*crosses fingers*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Foot-and-mouth disease...? Who comes up with these animal diseases names anyway?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ahh crap, not again

Quote by Kensai
Foot-and-mouth disease...? Who comes up with these animal diseases names anyway?

I do. What's wrong with the names? Eh?!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

pretty simple really

symptoms = sores on foot and mouth

just like, broken elbow = broken elbow
Quote by *Juno*
pretty simple really

owned.
Quote by *Juno*
pretty simple really

Well I think they should be a bit more creative. Like call it not-torso-butt-and-neck disease.

Quote by Yakult
I do. What's wrong with the names? Eh?!

You?! What happened to Elsa...?
Pft, not again. Cue mass slaughter of livestock and mass complaining by some fucking hippies.

Why do you have to kill them anyway? Can it not be treated or something? Does it kill them or what? Make it inedible?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I feel sorry for the farmers

I feel sorry for you carnivores, watching all those animals being slaughtered knowing you'll never eat any single one of them
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Y'know what makes me lol, is that there are probably kids on this site who don't even remember the fire#st outbreak.

And Rory the Reaper, you better not be one of those "I'm superior to you lot!" **** vegetablists.. Otherwise I'll have to start disliking you
Quote by Vermintide
Y'know what maeks me lol, is that there are probably kids on this site who don't even remember the first outbreak.

Yeah there's probably a few 6 year olds here Actually most 14 year olds wouldn't even remember it LOL
Quote by Vermintide
Y'know what makes me lol, is that there are probably kids on this site who don't even remember the fire#st outbreak.

And Rory the Reaper, you better not be one of those "I'm superior to you lot!" **** vegetablists.. Otherwise I'll have to start disliking you

Don't worry, I rank people who do that alongside the vegans... And I don't have a particularly high opinion of either. Anyway, we all know I'm superior anyway.

And I remember the first outbreak, it just makes me feel.... old and decrepit...
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

ffs, Chubby. What did you do? I'm close enough to guildford as it is. I want my steak free from disease!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Meths
Pft, not again. Cue mass slaughter of livestock and mass complaining by some fucking hippies.

Why do you have to kill them anyway? Can it not be treated or something? Does it kill them or what? Make it inedible?

If I remember right, it's just so contagious that it's not worth treating even if they can, and that it causes the animals to just waste away.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Kensai

Its not only an animal disease, people can get it too. It sucks because it makes your mouth hurt like **** and you get little dots. My friend had it, i laughed because of the name and i didnt beleive me till he showed me the spots and i looked up the disease.
Quote by *Juno*
pretty simple really

haha
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
What if a diseased cow gets washed away by some flooding?

These are pretty sucky times to be British.

...Unless you're a left-winger and chuffed to see the back of Tony Blair.
Call me Callum

Quote by Vermintide
I wanted John Prescott for PM.

He's a REAL man.

Yea, I think the media coverage sort of knackered Mr. Prescott... It was a shame, too.

To stay on topic, how long do you think the outbreak will last this time? I'd say more precautions will be taken, so maybe a few months at worst.
Call me Callum

Nah. Just as long as before, unless it's cut off before it spreads.

We never learn from our mistakes. S'why half of England is currently underwater.
Yeah, this blows. I'm not a farmer, but I'm from a farming community (Somerset). Even hearing that there was a reported case pissed people off - I can't help thinking that if there is another epidemic it, combined with the floods will cripple quite a lot of the farming industry.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Quote by Meths
\Why do you have to kill them anyway? Can it not be treated or something? Does it kill them or what? Make it inedible?

In some cases it does kill, and the ones that survive usually end up as carriers of the disease. (Meaning they don't have the symptoms, but they can pass it onto other livestock).

Also many of the symptoms take very extensive periods of time to correct themselves.
Last edited by Black_seeds at Aug 3, 2007,
Whatever happened to Bird Flu?
Call me Callum

Quote by Harmonius
ffs, Chubby. What did you do? I'm close enough to guildford as it is. I want my steak free from disease!

It wasnt Chubby this time.....

Im sorry man I didnt realise I could give Herpes to sheep and cows... Im sorry. I love my steak and lamb chops a bit too much....
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Chaosinborn
Its not only an animal disease, people can get it too. It sucks because it makes your mouth hurt like **** and you get little dots. My friend had it, i laughed because of the name and i didnt beleive me till he showed me the spots and i looked up the disease.

The last recorded case in the UK was 1966. If your friend had it he would have been quarantined. I doubt he did.

Quote by roythereaper

It did exactly what it was always going to do: fuck all to everyone who didn't fuck chickens.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Isn't it DEFRA that are 'responsible' for this sort of thing?
If so, precedent says farmers with livestock are fu*cked. Royally.
Quote by Meths
It did exactly what it was always going to do: fuck all to everyone who didn't fuck chickens.

I got off lucky then......

Chickens ... Sheep ... Cows... Pigs.... God yes they are all so good in the barn and in the sandwich....
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it DEFRA that are 'responsible' for this sort of thing?
If so, precedent says farmers with livestock are fu*cked. Royally.

DEFRA ranks high up in the list of the Most Incompetent Groups Of People Ever.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Guitardude19
I got off lucky then......

Chickens ... Sheep ... Cows... Pigs.... God yes they are all so good in the barn and in the sandwich....

Chickens have all the utility of a dead baby and more - not only can you f*ck them before you eat them, but you can get eggs from a chicken too.
Quote by MightyAl
Chickens have all the utility of a dead baby and more - not only can you f*ck them before you eat them, but you can get eggs from a chicken too.

Bestiality FTW!!!

Edit:

Maybe I should start taking this seriously... But then again... I never take anything seriously so why start now...

Bring out the chickens!
"If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat" - John Cleese, the quote just came to mind there.

Considering the hype about what Bird Flu was doing, it's frustrating to see it was more just paranoia.
Call me Callum

You know what would've been gutting? If this farm had been hit by the first outbreak.

Oscar Wilde
Dizzy... you're now worse than renka

Quote by Meths
You know what would've been gutting? If this farm had been hit by the first outbreak.

"Bob... I don't think God wants us to run a farm."

Quote by roythereaper

Good question... there was all this fuss then nothing.
Quote by Kensai
Dizzy... you're now worse than renka

"Bob... I don't think God wants us to run a farm."

Wait wait woah... Do you know the whereabouts of Renka? Has he left Sweden?

That would explain the spate of pig rapes in the area....
Quote by Kensai

It wasn't for nothing, it did exactly what it was meant to do: sell papers.

Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 2